Call Flow Designer CONCATENATE problem

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Infinitel, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinitel

Hello, I'm performing some test to integrate CFD with a JSON WebService and I've found some issues trying to compose the POST content.

My web service expects something like:

{"id":"x","caller":"xxxxxxxxxx"}

To compose the json string on CFD I'm using CONCATENATE

CONCATENATE( "{\"id\":\"" , session.callid , "\",\"caller\":\"" , session.ani , "\"}" )

The CFD seems to interpret "\",\"caller\":\"" which should be a single entry as two entries (it seems to tokenize the entry using the comma that is inside the string). Using the Expression editor you can see it on a single line before saving (attached before.png) and splitted after saving. This seems to malform the sent json message.

BEFORE:
    before.png

AFTER:

after.png

I've tried to use stardard String concatenation from the c# expression editor but CFD reports that session is not accesible in this context at compile time. something like: "{\"id\":\"" + session.callid + "\",\"caller\":\"" +...

Is there any way to escape comma character in the expression editor? Or is there any way to access session from the c# editor?

Thanks.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Infinitel,

Thanks for reporting this, which seems to be a bug. We'll work to fix it in the next release.

You have other options to achieve this:
    1) When the CFD converts the project to C# code, the variables are included in a Dictionary. You can use the following expression to access the variables from your C# expression:
    "{\"id\":\"" + variableMap["session.callid"].Value + "\",\"caller\":\"" + variableMap["session.ani"].Value + "\"}"

2) Another possible way to do this could be using a Launch External Script component, invoking a method which receives 2 parameters: session.callid and session.ani. Your code could be the following:
    Code:
    namespace JsonHelper

{
      public class JsonHelper
      {
        public string GenereateJSON(string callid, string ani)
        {
          return "{\"id\":\"" + callid + "\",\"caller\":\"" + ani + "\"}";
        }
      }
    }

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Infinitel

Ok, that will solve the issue. :)

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.