Call Flow Designer how to use Caller-ID to identify customer

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Marcel Ruf, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcel Ruf

Nov 30, 2017
    this is my first post in the 3CX forum so I apologize for not posting maybe in the correct layout or protocol.

I started looking into the CFD for the first time today and want to make a quite simple flow for our 50-extension 3CX system.

Here is the description of the desired flow:

Extension XY calls an external phone number but cannot reach the person.
    The external person only sees the general caller-ID of our company as a missed call and does not know which extension tried to reach him.
    So with the CFD I want to do the following:

The caller-ID that calls the general phone number of our company (DID is clear) should be checked and searched in the 3CX calls history, if within the last 48h an outgoing call from our 3CX was made to the same caller-ID that is calling back right now.

If yes, the call should be directly transferred to the extension that tried to call before.

Unfortunately I already have trouble finding the logic or tool to start working with the caller-ID of an incoming call. - I can only find PIN and customer ID and similar values.

Help is highly appreciated and thank you for your patience with me as a newby.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Jun 27, 2007

The caller ID is available from the "session.ani" variable. Then, you need to check the call history information from the CDRs. You need to configure 3CX to output CDRs, for example to text files, and then from the CFD app you parse these files to check if there is a call to that caller ID or not.

Here you have information on how to configure 3CX to output CDRs:

You can send them to a file or socket. If you prefer you can also import this information into a database, so the CFD app can just query this database.

Kind regards.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.