Call Flow Designer SQL Connection

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Anderson Echeverri, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson Echeverri

Hello, I am trying to connect the results of a request for numbers in a SQL database but this database has a different port published on the internet, when performing the insert in the DB I get the following error:

7/17/14 19: 42: 41.112 | 100030 | Err | 10 | 0014 |: PlugIn [Survey - Callflow - MainFlow - CallID YWJOCGDKEVYI] ERROR: Execution error last component: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server . The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (Provider: TCP Provider, error: 35 - An internal exception was caught) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (No such device or address) ---> System.Net.Internals.SocketExceptionFactory + ExtendedSocketException: No such device or address

The connection to the database is done as the attached image, the insert works for me normally from my computer and from the PBX I have connectivity to the database, has someone successfully connected to another port of the SQL?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you connect from the 3CX server to this SQL Server database using a different tool like the SQL management console for example? Can you get the connection string from this tool and use it in the Database access configuration? In some cases, setting the server name, port, database name, user and password is not enough, and you might need additional settings in the connection string. In that case you will need to use the connection string approach when using the Database access component.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anderson Echeverri

Hello, you gave me the solution for the internal ticket but I share it in case it happens to someone else.

The connection to SQL should be whithout instance because it is not supported from 3CX for Linux, this is the connection string

Data Source=tcp:IP_SQL,PORT;Initial Catalog=DB_NAME;User Id=USER;Password=PASS;

Thank you

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for posting the information. Let me add a few more details regarding this.

According to Saurabh Singh from Microsoft:
    As 3CX is currently using .NET Core 1.0, that feature is not available in Linux. So, if you're running 3CX in Linux, and need to connect to an SQL Server, it must not have an instance name, otherwise the connection will fail.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.