Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Flow Designer vs. basic configuration

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Scot Busby, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scot Busby

This could be a silly question, however, I have a basic auto attendant setup flowing to several call queues and voicemail boxes and was looking at Call Flow Designer to help with the design. In trying to learn about this tool and comparing to how I seem to be able to easily setup this kind of thing without using the tool, I am curious as to the advantages of using this tool rather than just setting up this configuration in the system.

I understand how this tool can be used in complex environments, however since my environment is relatively simple, wondered if I am missing something.

Thank you!

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Scot Busby,

For such a simple flow, using standard Digital Receptionists in the system might be a good solution as well. It's up to you, if you feel more comfortable following a way or the other...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scot Busby

Hi @edossantos

Thank you for the information. More specifically, are there advantages to using this tool over building in the system?

Thank you,

Scot

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Scot,

Using the CFD you have a more friendly view of the callflow. You see a diagram with blocks connected, and you easily see what happens when a user presses an option. I think it's easier to draw the callflow using the CFD than building it with DRs in the system.

However, there are some things to consider:
    - If you need to make a change, you need to redeploy the app. In the CFD that means restarting the queue manager service, dropping all active calls on any queue.
    - You don't have built in functions like call by name. If you need them you better do it with DRs.

Hope the information helps you to make a decision.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    VictorSP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.