• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Forwading From User Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

efthimis

Reaction score
Hello,

When i try to setup a call forwarding, my VoIP provider discards my call because of wrong 'from' field. I call one DID on my 3CX which corresponds with an extension. If this extension not answer the incoming call in 20sec i forward this call on a mobile number via another VoIP provider. The problem is that the 'From' field in outbound call is the DID which i call at first time so my second VoIP provider discards my call because the number which appears in FROM field is not from his network.
In outbound parameters on my second VoIP provider(which makes the forwarding) i have configured the "From: Use Part" as "Outbound Caller ID".

Thanks for help in advance.

edit: Is it possible to solve my problem with outgoing cid reformatting? I tried it without success. I insert a new rule like this:
source cid pattern: my first provider number, new source cid pattern: my second provider number

Any answer here? Is it a bug or my settings are wrong?

Likely not a bug, but more of a parameter setting or even one of why the need for the second provider when using SIP.

It would be nice to know what version of 3CX is in use. In any event, if using from user, outbound caller Id, then this is using the callerID you have set for the extension. So, if you have a call that comes into extension 100 and then forwards out, it will pick up the CID set for extension 100.

You may want to try from user: callerNum, "caller's number", while leaving the extension setting for CID blank and see if this helps. You may need to use wireshark and make a normal call thru the provider to get a baseline for an acceptable call and then change the settings on a forwarded call so they match.

Hello,

I use 3CX v12.5 with latest service pack. I indeed use the "from user, outbound caller Id" but my extension has not any CID(other have) so i suppose it will take the general outbound caller id from VoIP provider which choose from outbound rules. But it don't. It puts at 'from' field the number of first voip provider and that is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.