Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call forward blocked - Caller ID being passed through

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by venkman, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venkman

Hi,

I am trying to forward calls to an external number, however it doesn't connect and I get the message in the logs: Reason: Forbidden

I've contacted the SIP provider, and they have advised that the reason is because when someone calls from an external number, the PBX is trying to forward with the original callers ID (i.e. my mobile).

So I need to figure out how in the 3CX system, when I forward calls to an external number it shows our lines caller ID and not the original callers (my mobile).

I've read about caller ID reformatting and configuring remote party ID, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I think it might be one of the fields in the screenshot attached, but I'm not really sure. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Please change back to the original settings and test again.
    From : Display Name -> “OutboundCallerID” Outbound caller id taken from Extension…

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. venkman

These settings were actually set like this by the template for the voip provider. However changing these has resolved the issue, thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.