Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Forward SPA 942

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by newpool, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newpool

Hi,

I have a new installation running 3CX 7.1, working really well, but for one slight problem with the Linksys SPA942 handsets.

Each phone has up 3 extensions set up, one for internal calls, one for external calls delivered via a ring group, one for a DDI number.

My problem is that the cfwd button is working OK for the first extension (Line 1) but if the user chooses any another extension (line button) then tries call forward, it is ignored and the number to forward to is actually dialed.

I've been all over the Linksys config pages but cant see anything (which doesn't mean it isn't there of course)

Anyone else seen this ?

Thanks

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Your post is a little hard to understand.

So, are the calls you are trying to forward on those extensions? So you are on Line 2/Account 2, and you try to forward a call, then this happens? Or are you trying to forward a call that is on Line one, through line two?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. newpool

Sorry if I have confused!

What I'm trying to say is that if you try call forward it only works for line 1, meaning that if you select another line, before pressing call forward and entering the number you want calls to go to, it ignores the fact that you pressed cfwd and just dials the number.

Any clearer ?

Thanks

4. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Great, that is much clearer.

This is very odd. I will try to dig up a 942 for my lab and set up 3 extensions on the phone to see if I can replicate this problem and fix it.

Can I ask why exactly you have set it up this way? You could just have one extension do all three of these features, so I just want to understand why you have chosen to break this out into three extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. newpool

Hi again, and thanks for the help!

I know its a bit of an odd setup, but my customer wanted to make it function like the old PBX that it replaces, where each type of call appears on a separate line button - its what they're used to, so who am I to argue!

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.