• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

corporate13

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We have thousands of Yealink phones purchased and in use, and now in V15 call forwarding on the Yealink stopped working. If a user needs to forward to another extension in the office it seems that this feature should work like it did in all previous firmware's with version 14.

Please vote to get the Yealink T48G and T48S firmware fixed to work with version15. Support says it's not a supported feature. If Yealink is to be a supported phone the forward feature and features of the phone should work. We switched from Cisco to Yealink to get this feature working. I dont understand why it's not acceptable to resolve for all phones. It's a feature used in business environments for internal and external calls.

Upvote 33
I 2nd this. Finding that users would prefer to revert to v14.

Reactions: Pete Gazda
I just submitted a ticket to support. I'm finding old T38 and new T46S forward works, but T42G and T46G it does not.

3CX support will respond that it's never been supported and won't help you. However, it's a simple fix that they changed in their template about 6 months ago that caused the issue with forwarding on Yealink.
Do this below and you will be all set.

If you search the template for: bw.feature_key_sync = 1

Change the “1” to “0”, and call forwarding works on the Yealink after it updates from the template. It’s a change 3CX needs to make to fix the issue. Everything will work great after that.

Last edited:
3CX support will respond that it's never been supported and won't help you. However, it's a simple fix that they changed in their template about 6 months ago that caused the issue with forwarding on Yealink.

Change the “1” to “0”, and call forwarding works on the Yealink after it updates from the template. It’s a change 3CX needs to make to fix the issue. Everything will work great after that.

Sweet, and then we're back to unsupported custom templates :(

Reactions: Pete Gazda
I just emailed Nick, and I am sure he will see it's a simple issue and get it over to the team to fix.

That'd be great. I've some clients with a few small office branch's that don't need or want to use the 3cx desktop client, but need to be able to forward their phones.

I used this and it worked great but be forewarned in advance that if you create a custom template, 3CX will not support you. I ran into an unrelated issue and they did not want to take a look as there are custom templates.

The Irony:
1. Everything worked fine in previous version
2. Forced (ok... highly pressured) into upgrading. Have to pay for Maintenance right.
3. After upgrade SIP trunk stopped working, needed tweaking. Phones won't forward
4. Forced to upgrade Yealink firmware to "3CX Approved" firmware
5. The screen in the Yealink menu that supposed to have fix no longer has it listed in this firmware
6. Come to forum to find fix, which worked, thank you for that
7. Can't get support because "3CX Forum is not official support"

So shouldn't they moderate the forum and say "No, No the Emperor does not allow this" here is the way it should be done.

Why remove features, failure to mention, then push you to upgrade? Reminds me of the WebRTC fiasco.

We have thousands of Yealink phones purchased and in use, and now in V15 call forwarding on the Yealink stopped working. If a user needs to forward to another extension in the office it seems that this feature should work like it did in all previous firmware's with version 14.

Please vote to get the Yealink T48G and T48S firmware fixed to work with version15. Support says it's not a supported feature. If Yealink is to be a supported phone the forward feature and features of the phone should work. We switched from Cisco to Yealink to get this feature working. I dont understand why it's not acceptable to resolve for all phones. It's a feature used in business environments for internal and external calls.
They act like Forwarding is a feature that nobody uses anymore. Far from it. If there was the 10 Commandments, The Bill of Rights for phone systems, call forwarding is in the 10 !

Last edited:
I just came accross this issue and also was told by 3cx that CF from phone was never a feature provided by 3CX. Although, if you guys say this was working in version 14, then once again they are not telling the truth. I have come accross 3 things now in the last 3 months that 3CX support says and is missinformation. this one and the other 2 was that you cant stop the 3cxconfig file to be sent via email on the welcome message(wrong this is a advance parameter that can be turned off) and also that you cannot dial an extension from the IVR if the extension is not provisioned on the 3CX (also wrong, advanced feature).

My customers are starting to question why they even went to 3CX from Asterisk and thinking of going back cause this software may pertain to europeen standards, but not to NA standards and featuures.

Last complaint i sent to 3CX about this missinformation from 3CX support, received an email stating they could refund the support and we could get support elsewhere.

Last edited:
I just came accross this issue and also was told by 3cx that CF from phone was never a feature provided by 3CX. Although, if you guys say this was working in version 14, then once again they are not telling the truth. I have come accross 3 things now in the last 3 months that 3CX support says and is missinformation. this one and the other 2 was that you cant stop the 3cxconfig file to be sent via email on the welcome message(wrong this is a advance parameter that can be turned off) and also that you cannot dial an extension from the IVR if the extension is not provisioned on the 3CX (also wrong, advanced feature).

My customers are starting to question why they even went to 3CX from Asterisk and thinking of going back cause this software may pertain to europeen standards, but not to NA standards and featuures.

Last complaint i sent to 3CX about this missinformation from 3CX support, received a blaint email from the top stating go elsewhere if your not happy.... i was without words....

Can you provide a screenshot of the email?

We are just setting up 3CX for our company and we came also across this problem.
I'm sorry but this is completely BS what 3CX is doing here. We have a lot of people, who just want to press a button on the phone to get a quick forwarding to other extension. (WITHOUT TURNING ON THE PC) Our old siemens telephony system can do this!

Reactions: Delo123
We are dealing with the same issue. Our Yealink T41S and T54S phones cannot forward from the phone. We have some users with legacy Cisco SPA504G phones running on the same 3CX server and they can forward from the phone with no problem. There is definitely an issue with the new V15 and compatible Yealink firmware.

Just use the solution from post #4.
It works for us. And vote "yes" in this thread of course ;)

We are dealing with the same issue. Our Yealink T41S and T54S phones cannot forward from the phone. We have some users with legacy Cisco SPA504G phones running on the same 3CX server and they can forward from the phone with no problem. There is definitely an issue with the new V15 and compatible Yealink firmware.

Just use the solution from post #4.
It works for us. And vote "yes" in this thread of course ;)
We tried that but the change doesn't seem to stick. Any advice on how to edit the template?

Unfortunately the solution in post#4 doesn't work in all scenarios.

For example, we have a client with SIP trunks and an E1, solution works for inbound calls via SIP, but not on E1. Furthermore, if someone forwards their extension to mobile/cell form the yealink and they receive an internal call, although the call is successful, the cost of that call is alocated to the original internal caller for some bizarre reason.

This only became an issue since V15 and 3CX have ignored/dismissed it since then. Given that it's been going on for 18-20 months, I think that say it all.

Here is my recent communication with 3CX Support about this:

ME: So with the latest SP, default templates, and latest supported firmware on Yealink phones, we can no longer set up call forwarding on the phones. How are we to forward extensions if the user only has a phone and no computer to launch the app? [such as manufacturing floors and whatnot]

3CX: "Kindly note that in order to enable call forwarding on the phone the phone template will have to be customized. However bear in mind as we do not support template customization we cannot assist with the changes. Support procedures can be found here: https://www.3cx.com/ordering/"

ME: Why was this feature removed? Many, many, many people use it.

3CX: "Kindly note that this is a decision is not taken by the support department, however you may also post this as a feature request on https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be impslemented in an upcoming service pack or update."

ME: Who can I ask? We have many clients asking why this feature was abandoned. Several do not want to upgrade now.

3CX: "Kindly note that this decisions are taken from a highest level within 3CX. That being said kindly note that the users can stay in the versions that they like, however if the system's are not in one of the supported versions, as per support procedures we will not be able to assist further. For further clarifications regarding the procedures or inquiries for upgrades you can contact your regional sales representative."

So what I've gathered from 3CX is, "Too bad. Go 'vote' for it and see if someone cares". This is unacceptable.

This is what I found as the issue independently as well. Also I have a post similar to this, but this one has more traction ;). Guys, don't forgot not to only vote in the poll, but also rate the thread five stars. I see almost double the votes in the poll right now, but the metric that is meant to be used is the rating.

If anyone has some steps on how to modify or implement a custom template, I'd be interested in some guidance. The info I have found so far isn't working for me.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.