• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Forwarded to External number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick@Troosters

Reaction score
Hello,

if I forward all calls to an external number , unknown number is shown on the cellphone ?
I use a SIP Trunk from WeePee.

Is the original callers number being sent (to 3CX, to be passed on)?
What number shows if you call the mobile directly from your extension?

How can check this : Is the original callers number being sent (to 3CX, to be passed on)?

I installed 3cxphone on my pc and called from there and then everything is ok, so the number is shown then.

With simutaneous from my experience the caller ID is not passed on but whatever you are broadcasting as caller ID , I'm not sure if there is a setting in 3cx to enable calller ID to pass on to your calls forwarded to an external extension. If you forward to another extension on the system caller ID is passed ie 3cx softphone, but thats an extension on the system mot an outside phone that you are forwarding the calls to so behavior would be different. If not already a feature on the system which I do not believe it is though Im not 100% sure it would be a great feature suggestion...

Leejor, is this already a feature?

Example callnumber 025331234 is calling to 011551278. 011551278 is 3cx and so is forwarding the call to a cellphone 0475757575.
At this point I don't care to see callnr 025331234, but I would like to see number 011551278 on cellphone 0475757575.

As far as I'm aware, this should work, as long as "spoofing" is allowed by the provider. Some providers do not allow you to change the outgoing caller ID to something other than the number(s) that you have been assigned by them. As I understand it, this can be a requirement by the regulators in certain countries.

It sounds as if you are receiving the caller ID, correctly from your provider. You might want to question your provider about the passing on, of numbers, other than your own.

When you call the mobile from your 3CX extension, I'm assuming that your SIP provider assigned number, is showing.

No, I only want to see the number the voip provider gave me, I do not have to see the actual number of the person who is calling me

Oh I see, my apologies I was totally wrong. Whos the VoIP provider you may want to contact their support. I know from using call centric they show a random number on when you make a call as opposed to your DID.

Sorry, didn't read closely enough. I don't recall seeing that complaint before. Most users complain if the callers number is not passed on to the final destination, as they want to know who the originator is. On a mobile, that allows the name to be displayed. if there is a match in the phone book.

Have you gone into the VoIP trunk in 3CX and "Edit Port"/ Other Options/ then, datafill Outbound caller ID

You didn't say if your (PBX) number is passed correctly (not anonymous), if you dial the mobile directly, from a 3CX extension.

You didn't say if your (PBX) number is passed correctly (not anonymous), if you dial the mobile directly, from a 3CX extension.
THIS IS WORKING PERFECT

"Edit Port"/ Other Options/ then, datafill Outbound caller ID
WHERE DO I FIND THAT IN 3CX ??

Problem is solved, feel stupid now. It was using the wrong outbound rule.

Nick@Troosters said:
"Edit Port"/ Other Options/ then, datafill Outbound caller ID
WHERE DO I FIND THAT IN 3CX ??

That option is in each VoIP Trunk (that you have created on the PBX) settings

Leejor,

what settings do I need to adjust so that the callers number is shown on my cellphone instead of the SIPnumber ?
I asked the provider and they said they allow this, but all I see is the SIPtelnumber appearing ?

HI - Sorry for hijacking this thread, but it seems it is mostly answered - I have a related question regarding the content of the SIP headers when the PBX forwards the call to an external number via a SIP Trunk. Which identity are the FROM and P-Asserted-Identity headers in the INVITE set as? Is that the identity of the Diverting line, or the identity of the original caller? If the Original caller, then does the INVITE also include the Diversion or History-Info headers?

Many thanks...

You should look at the VOIP provider tab on the left side of the page and select the provider and then edit and go to advanced where you can see how the SIP fields are defined. This may be different depending upon provider requirements and if the provider was established using a template. You can change many of the attributes, but as the warning goes, be careful. You can then use Wireshark to validate or see how the changes affect the string.

Many thanks.

R

Nick@Troosters said:
No, I only want to see the number the voip provider gave me, I do not have to see the actual number of the person who is calling me

Nick@Troosters said:
what settings do I need to adjust so that the callers number is shown on my cellphone instead of the SIPnumber ?
I asked the provider and they said they allow this, but all I see is the SIPtelnumber appearing ?

You seem to be contradicting yourself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.