Call forwarding and voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

My customer asked me a question I did not know the answer to, I tested it and could not do what they asked. Perhaps someone knows a way.

With cisco callmanager if I set my phone to forward to my assistant if I dont answer or my phone is busy...and my assistant does not answer the phone and it goes to her voicemail...the call actually goes back to my voicemail box.

I tested this by forwarding my phone no answer to another extension... that extension was set to forward no answer to voicemail. Rather than it coming back to my voicemail, which was the originally dialed extension, it went into the other phones voicemail box. Is there any way to do this with 3cx?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. albertc

Yes, you can create a ring group "Assistant" and put your assistant's ext into it. Than define the forwarding rule on your ext so when your phone is busy / no answer, it'll go to that ring group. And configure the forwarding rule on that ring group "assistant" to send call to your voice mail box if no answer. So, when a call comes in to your ext and no answer/busy, it'll go to the ring group. Your assistant ext ring. And if no answer, it'll go back to your voice mail.

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thanks for your reply. That sounds like a good work around. I might make a ideas request for that feature to be similar to what I have seen in other systems.

Thanks again for your help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.