• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call forwarding and voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

daham

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm going to create extensions for new staff here at my school. Most of the staff has not a phone .So what we do is , we create an extension and forward it to the department extension.

However, if someone send a voice mail to one of those user (who has not got an actual phone but an extension which forwards all calls to the department ext ),can set it up to send the voicemail as an attachment to that user's email. I do not want them to go into the department;s phone.

Is this possoble?

thank you,

daham.

yes

Thanks for the reply Allen,

Currently I have configured some users 5701 to 5709 and forwarded the calls to 5710 (which has a phone provisioned) . However all the voicemails goes to 5710 not to the corresponding email address. I have configured the voicemail on those users to "send as attachment and delete from mbox"

please advice how to fix this

The email will be sent to the address associated with the extension where the voicemail is left.
you are leaving the voicemail at extension 5710 so that's where the email goes.
you should figure a way to have the voicemail go to the initial extensions 5701 to 5709.
Probably many ways to do this.
You might use a ring group for each extension that rings the individual extension and 5710 and if not answer goes to voicemail of original extension.
Do these staff people carry cell phones? If so, you might just set each extension to Ring Mobile at Same time.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hello @daham

If you have configured the extensions to forward all calls to extension 5710 then that is the voicemail box callers are reaching. What was suggested above by @12494 with the use of a Ring Group is a good way to achieve the desired functionality. Depending on your call flow however there might be other ways to achieve this.

You can also put the department phone number in as their mobile number and then enable rebound. The draw back is every forwarded call to the department phone would have to be confirmed. So you can either put the burden on the person answering the phone (end user) or it's an administrative burden on your end as you have to have a 1:1 ration of ring groups to dummy extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.