Call forwarding conditionally.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jove04, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jove04

Hi all,
    I would like to do something some what similar to what the calling card companies allow you to do. Forward an incoming call to any where in the world depending on the receptionist options. Can it be done with this software? How?
    Thanks...

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

HI,

Welcome to the forums.
    Yes this can be done but I would like to understand further what you mean by this. Calls can be diverted either automatically with previously specified rules or by a receptionist understanding where the transfer must go and diverting it manually by keying in the number. An example might allow me to assist you further, if these responses had not answered you initial question .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jove04

Thank you for the fast response.

I want to call my office where the PBX is from a PSTN line. The receptionist takes over and asks me to enter a number such as For England Branch Press 1
    For German Branch Press 2
    For Dubai Branch Press 3
    etc...
    I select 2 and the PBX connects me with our German office.

Thanks...

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Yes

There are multiple ways of doing it. When you are setting up the digital receptionist or DR for short. You can specify where you want those specific options to be forwarded to. 3CX provides multiple options: such as transfer to extension, another digital receptionist, ring group or queue etc.

If you are planning to implement a system using a bridge ( two 3CX pbx's connected to each other) you would simply need to forward the call to an extension. If in turn you wanted to send out to a mobile phone, or any other phone external to 3CX you can create an extension and set that extension to forward all calls to an outside number.

Summary of what you can do:

DR > Extension number
    DR > External extension connected over tunnel or remotely using STUN.
    DR > Extension number over bridge
    DR> Dummy extension> forwarding all calls to an outside number

Hope this answers your questions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jove04

Thank you. I am almost there.

Can you please elaborate on the last option which is
    DR> Dummy extension> forwarding all calls to an outside number.
    Does a dummy extension mean an extension that does not register but created as an extension? How does this dummy extension know which option on the DR the caller selected? Does DR pass to the extension the caller's selection?

Thanks...

6. jove04

Hi mfm,

I finally figured it out and set up every thing. I did it with a dummy extension and playing with the outbound rules.
    Thank you for directing me in the right direction.

7. mfm

mfm Active Member

Im glad you've come a solution. :mrgreen:

8. rcibien

-------------------------------

Hi "mfm"

Questions concerning the option "DR > Extension number over bridge" above:

In my test lab I have setup two bridged 3CX PBXes. On the headquarters 3CX a DR should be able to "transfer" incoming calls to either internal extensions (headquarter), remote extensions (branch office's 3CX PBX) or a ring group / ring queue with internal AND remote extensions (eg. central and decentral sales/support teams, etc.). My problem is that neither the DR nor the ring group/queue configurations list any extensions from bridged 3CX PBXes. How do I address a remote extension within DR or include in a ring group/queue?

Thanks for any advice,
    Romano

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.