Call forwarding doesn't display external phone number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Soho3cx, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soho3cx

Hello, we only see our office phone number displayed on our cell phone when we forwarded an extension in our 3cx PBX server. E.g. Ext 100 is forwarded to a cell phone. Caller from another cell phone or outside phone, calls extension 100 but caller ID only shows the office main phone number, not the external phone number. Pls help, thanks.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Soho3cx

Can you please let us know who is your provider and if it is a supported provider? To achieve the functionality you want you have to make sure that your provider supports this functionality. Then you need to know in which sip field they want this information provided. Then you can make changes to your outbound parameters to send your Originator Caller ID

3. Soho3cx

Hi, provider is Les.net. I can check with them to see if they support this functionality.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That would be the way to go as changing outbound parameters without consulting with the provider might result in calls not working at all.

5. Soho3cx

This was the provider's response:
    "When we look at the configuration of your peer, we see that LES.NET is passing along the callerID sent by your system.

Therefore, it seems your 3CX system is re-writing the callerID as the call passes through.

Unfortunately we don't run 3CX systems here, so we're not sure the exact method to achieve a callerID pass through."

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are several outbound parameters, in the trunk settings for the provider.

Before you change anything, do a screen print, or otherwise make note of the original settings, as changes can have severe consequences.

This is an old post of what i went through...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/caller-id-not-being-passed-onto-mobile.40795/

As you can see, there doesn't seem to be a "one shoe fits all" solution. What finally worked for me on the first provider, also worked on a second, but you might have to do some testing.

A quick way to test to see if the changes work, is to put a number in an extensions Outbound caller ID. If calls to an external number, from that extension, show the number you put in that field, then call forwarding numbers should work.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  7. Soho3cx

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think the idea of a second trunk (if your provider allows you to easily do so with a secondary account), is to either test the changes without "breaking" the original trunk group, or, to allow callers to choose either group (using a prefix code,) to display their own DID number, or the "main" billing number.

9. Soho3cx

One thing I forgot to mention is our main 3cx PBX is located in another city. They bridged to us. So should I be changing the outbound parameters at the main office 3cx server? Anyways, I changed the main office SIP Trunk provider's outbound paramenters, "Remote-Party - Calling Party:User Part" to OriginatorCallerID Original Caller number will be sent. It didn't work. I got an error voice msg that this is prohibited.

10. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Some providers allow forwarding of original Caller-ID, others - not (for fraud prevention). You can configure 3CX to forward the original caller-ID or not, if you set to forward it may still not work, if provider is not supporting it.
    Other option, used to be available prior to v.15 and now expected again with v15.5 sp2 (finally :)) is so called '302 diversion header' or call deflection, also not supported by all providers. This allows to forward call via provider, not via the PBX (and consuming simultaneous calls licenses), it works like forwarding calls on your mobile.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would speak with your provider to see if they do , indeed, allow numbers, other than those registered with them, to be sent. If they say "No", then there is no point in spending any more time on it, it won't work. If they say "yes", then ask what field they expect to see the "number to be displayed".

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  12. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Check also whether '302 diversion header' is supported, this feature is expected soon back in V15.5 SP2, as promised by 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.