• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call forwarding not working (Polycom phone configuration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjr

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a v8 3CX system in a hosting centre with 2 different offices connected via VPN.

They are all using polycom phones.

Users are setting the polycom phones to foward calls to their mobiles when they are out of the office. This appears to work for one office and not for the other?

I have compared the server activity logs between a working office and non working office and can see that for the working forward, the line in the log shows "Diverted to: <SIP:mobilenumber@IP of PBX:5060>"

For the site that isnt working, the same line in the log shows "Diverted to: <SIP:mobilenumber@IP of Polycom Phone:5060>" and then shows "No known route to target: <sip:mobilenumber@ip of Polycom Phone>. I cannot figure out why the non working site phones are forwarding to the mobilenumber@ip of phone and not mobilenumber@ip of pbx?

The same issue occurs if the user configures their polycom phone to forward to an internal extension and not an external number - this rules out outbound rules as a possible cause.

The phones are all using the same template and the extensions in each office are configured identically but we are seeing differing behaviour. Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Call forwarding not working (Polycom phone configuration

Seem like the issue maybe related to your vpn setting where the phone may not have the correct ip address for the 3cx local interface. Are all three locations using different private subnet? (i.e. hosting server using private network of 10.1.1.0, office A using 172.17.0.0 and office B using 192.168.1.0). More information is needed to troubleshoot this issue.

Re: Call forwarding not working (Polycom phone configuration

albertc said:
Seem like the issue maybe related to your vpn setting where the phone may not have the correct ip address for the 3cx local interface. Are all three locations using different private subnet? (i.e. hosting server using private network of 10.1.1.0, office A using 172.17.0.0 and office B using 192.168.1.0). More information is needed to troubleshoot this issue.

All 3 locations are using different subnets.

Hosted is 172.20.68.0/24
Working site is 172.21.37.0/24
Non working site is 172.21.69.0/24

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Acosta
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.