Call forwarding on BLF (yealink T48G)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DeepB, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeepB

Hello,

people here are used to having one of the Yealink T48G touchscreen buttons configured as a "foward all incoming calls" to a specific extension.
    When the call forwarding is active the BLF is red, else green.

Can anyone let me know how to do that with 3cx?

thanks
    Daniel

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

First, the recommended approach to forwarding an extension's calls elsewhere is done by changing the extension's presence settings, rather than forwarding calls via a setting on the phone.

You can easily change your presence setting (available / away) using BLF buttons (one button to set your presence to Available and another button to set your presence to Away), or you could write a CFD application that toggles your presence between Available / Away using a single button. However, these options will not change the color of the button. I don't believe it is possible to change the color of the button to indicate that calls are being forwarded..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DeepB

thats to bad. Unfortunately our former PBX was able to do that, so this is a bit of a hard sell (that was a well liked feature).

Furthermore most people in the company have (had) mutliple BLF/forwardings defined, an used it depending on the situation.

For instance myself:
    BLF1: "fwd cell", forwards all calls to my cell
    BLF2: "fwd recept" forwards all calls to our receptionist
    BLF3: "fwd assist" forwards all calls to the assistand.

depending on what type of "away" I am I choose one of those at the press of a button.

4. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

That's what the away/went to lunch status is for; ring my mobile in the 3cx software. As you can't enable all these at once anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.