Call forwarding rules in ring groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by filthy_rich85, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filthy_rich85

I have currently configured a ring group of 2 terminals, of which 1 terminal is configured to forward all calls at all times to an external number. When calling from an on net device (on a different ring group) the ring group will push the call to both terminals. The terminal with all calls forwarded will ring the external number. However when I call from my mobile to the Auto Attendant (or ring group) neither terminal will ring or accept the call.

I am currently using the freeware version

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just to Confirm something, there was a fix about a similar issue.

Could you try calling again, but first remove the extension with the Forwarding Rule from the Ring group.
    Do they Ring now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. filthy_rich85

Yes both devices will ring with no forwarding rules inplemented.

Also, when a hunt group is configured 1 phone will ring and if not answered the call will be disconnected and will not route to the next device. When the first device in the hunt group is busy the call is again disconencted before routing to another device

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It is probably trying to Route it to the Second Device, but cant Find it / is Unregistered.

Could you reproduce the Call where only 1 extension Rings and post the Logs here?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. filthy_rich85

I have attached the logs for when 1 device will ring in a hunt group and not forward the call to the next available device

6. filthy_rich85

I have now resolved the issue with the hunt group only calling one extension, the extension was in multiple ring groups.

However I still have an issue the extension not forwarding calls to an external number when calling from an off network device.

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try:

Settings > General > Global Options > Forward Queues / Ring groups to external Numbers

8. filthy_rich85

I have already marked this option. I am able to call the ring group and reach both extensions, even with the forwarding rule in place.

9. filthy_rich85

I have attached the logs for this issue...

Attached Files:

10. filthy_rich85

Any Ideas?????

11. filthy_rich85

After further testing I have noticed that if I call the ring group short dial I am able to call all devices and they will forward to external numbers. When calling the DDI it will register that a call is coming in to the non forwarded device but then the call will cut off. If I remove the forwarding rule it works fine.

12. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could you go to Settings > Advanced > Local Sip Domain and set it to the IP address for the PBX machine and not 127.0.0.1?

13. filthy_rich85

I have changed the IP address to the local IP pf the PBX and the calls are still disconnecting when calling the DDI

14. filthy_rich85

I have been testing this all weekend and still no resolution. Please help..........

15. filthy_rich85

Is it possible that because I am currently using the free version of 3cx that I am reaching the total number of simutaneous calls as I have 1 call inbound then it routes to 2 devices, one of which is then forwarded to an external number?

16. Discovery Technology

It's possible, and it would be worth your while purchasing a 4-call license as it is not very expensive and you end up with a few nice features also. A quick test by removing the internal extension in the ring group may confirm this for you.

Another thing to check is your outbound dialling rules and whether or not the external number you defined matches these.

For example, if you have specified that only particular extensions can make outbound calls, then this would affect your forwarding to an external number and the call won't be forwarded (you would have to create a seperate outbound call rule in this instance).

Also, if you aren't using the same prefix to match the outbound dialling rule, this could affect the outbound call (eg: dial '0'for outside call without prefixing this on your defined external number in the call group)

17. filthy_rich85

Thanks for your reply.

At the moment I have configured a Snom 370, a 3CX softphone and a virtual extension which has a forward all calls to an external number rule in place. When calling the ring group short dial from an on network device the ring group functions as it should and rings all deives within that group, however when calling the DDI configured for this ring group the Snom and the softphone will ring once and then prompt that "no outbound lines where available for this call". I haver 2 outbound lines with credit and my outbound rules allow all extensions to call out over both of these lines.

18. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is the only scenario that i can think that is messing up your Call License.

19. filthy_rich85

So on that note, is it possible to get a test license which will allows me to test with 4 lines?

20. filthy_rich85

So I now have a license for 4 sim calls but I am still unable to call my ring group from an external number when an extension is configured to forward all calls to an extenal number

????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.