call forwarding supervisor / secretary

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ThomasBroich, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasBroich

Aug 24, 2017
    I have an installation with two supervisors and one secretary person.

supervisors extensions: 55 / 60
    secretary extensions: 10

I like to configure on the supervisors phones (55 / 60) a hot key with the function to redirect all incomming calls to secretary extension.
    The secretary must be able to take the call and transfer back to the supervisors.

Additionally I like to configure the secretary phone with 2 hotkeys to manage the redirects for the supervisors.

Is there any solution out of the box possible?
    Please let me know if there is way for an easy config :)

In German we call it Chef-Sekretär-Funktion, can anyone tell me the Englisch Translation?
  2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Aug 10, 2017

There is no out of the box solution for this but you can try this as a workaround.
    you can edit the forwarding rules for each supervisor so that when their extension is set to DND(Do Not Disturb) all calls are forwarded to extension 10, internal and external. This way the "hotkey" would be the DND button on the ip phone.
    Note that in order for the secretary to be able to reach the supervisors when they are in the DND status you would have to enable the "Accept calls from Ring Groups" for each supervisor and add each supervisor to a separate Ring Group.
    An example of how each supervisors forwarding rules should look.
    You should also set up 2 BLF keys on the secretary's phone that correspond to each supervisor ring group as the only way to reach a supervisor when they are in the DND status will be through their ring group.
    For the secretary to manage the redirects for the supervisors, the two supervisors must be in a "Group" in which the secretary must have manager rights. Specifically the "Perform receptionist operations on active calls group members (divert, transfer, pickup) and user control functions like set status, set reminders (wake-up call), Assign and Clear extensions (Check-in/out)." right as shown in the screenshot below.
    After this is done the secretary can manage the newly created group through the webclient, changing the status from Available to DND and back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.