Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call forwarding to external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giosonline, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giosonline

Hello,

I am pretty new to the 3CX system and slowly learning but loving it. I am currently evaluating the system with the free edition I downloaded. It is running in a Windows 2003 server and I used the Cassini option for webserver. I have two DIDs / sip trunks with the capacity of 5 simultaneous calls. I am using the 3CX softphones in the laptops and have two Linksys SPA941 sip phones on our desks.

Based on what I've read I should be able to transfer or forward calls to an external number such as a mobile / cellphone. I can do internal transfer or forwards to extensions but not external numbers. Is this a limitation within the Free edition? or am I simply misconfiguring something?

Any ideas or comments?

Many thanks!

Luis

2. meshad

to transfer or forward calls to an external number such as a mobile / cellphone. you need have PSTN VOIP Gateway and it is possible with free edition also

3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

You can forward calls using a PSTN gateway or also a VOIP provider, so if you are having problems it may be the way you have the SIP trunk set up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

If you have setup in your dialplan to dial a prefix before the number like, 9, then you have to include that in your external forward number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. giosonline

We do not dial any line access code. We simply choose the line and dial the standard number.

Should I place a screenshot of the configuration? If so, what should I post to see if I have configured the trunks improperly?

Thanks all for the responses and suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.