• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call forwarding to mobile phones HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noetek

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im in desperate need of someone's help. I enabled call forwarding on some extensions and made it forward to mobile phones. So when someone calls an extension at the office and they don't answer then its supposed to forward to their cell phone. However when I test it, the extension rings fine but when it transfers to the cell phone it says "call transfer failed". I ran a wireshark on the call and I get a 404 not found when it tries to go to the cell phone. The 404 not found is generated by the sip trunk providers IP address. I called my phone provider and they say everything is fine on their end theres nothing they can do, that it must be some setting on the pbx side. I also called 3CX and they said its for sure the SIP Trunk provider because its their IP address that's rejecting it...I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP.

We will need to see a copy of the wireshark of the failed call.

It is almost certainly the SIP provider as they are the ones rejecting, but it may be something related as to what they expect to see versus what is sent. Some providers will not accept calls with a CID that they cannot identify as being associated to the account.

It may also be beneficial to state who the provider is as someone else may have a solution on hand. ;)

Did you confirm, in the 3CX Server logs, that the number that you are sending out (to the provider), is the correct format/length. It might be a "forwarded number" error, or something in the outbound rules.
As a test, have you tried the "ring my mobile at the same time" feature to see if calls go though using that? That should pass the original caller ID as well, and if it works as expected, then you will have to look elsewhere for the issue.

Does forwarding to another (landline?) number, work?

Check the number that you have listed as external number in the VOIP/SIP provider settings. Some providers reject calls from an invalid CallerID. Make sure its a valid 11 digit number registered to the same provider you ae using for the outbound call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.