Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Forwarding with speed dial?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by henkvd, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henkvd

I used to use Trixbox on my office. When I leave the office, I push on the speed dial button (*72) to set a Call Forward to my cell phone.

But I can't find this option in 3CX Free Version... I can find a lot of Call Forwarding options, but I just want to use one button on my phone, not by using the web config or other computer software.

Is this possible in 3CX Free?

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

This option is not available in free version. For this you will have to configure a BLF key for speed dial and BLF configuration is not available in free version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. henkvd

Thats a pity! Thats the only function I need for my 3 extensions :) i will look for other PBXs for Windows.. Or else maybe virtualize asterisk or something.

Thank you for your fast reply! :)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you apply the Demo key? Reduces your concurrent calls but allows testing of all functions.

5. henkvd

No, I will try that.

2 lines is just enough, but better is 3 lines ;) I will try this, thank you!

I think I'll switch to ClearOS with FreePBX or SME Server with FreePBX... unlimited lines, and all the options I need... for free :D

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Good luck.
    You will spent several month trying to make freePBX doing the job.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. henkvd

It was done in one hour... it's very easy. FreePBX isn't hat hard. I have an Elastix server that works perfectly, but I don't want to use two servers, I already have one Windows server, so that's why I wanted to try 3CX. But if I don't have the *72 option, then I have to stick to Asterisk (Elastix).

Because this simple function (call *72) is not available in the Free version of 3CX (unless I use the demo).

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You may accomplish simple tasks via web interface, this is working with freePBX.
    The problems starts when you have to implement some scripts to implement something more advanced as functionality.
    However you may never need it.

Be aware also of hacker attacks, unless you are willing paying the bills for somebody else, etc. FreePBX is a completely different level of solution, probably even makes no sense to compare with 3CX.

9. henkvd

That's true, that's true. 3CX is a good system, and I would like to use it, but I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars just voor call forwarding :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.