• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Forwarding with speed dial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henkvd

Reaction score
I used to use Trixbox on my office. When I leave the office, I push on the speed dial button (*72) to set a Call Forward to my cell phone.

But I can't find this option in 3CX Free Version... I can find a lot of Call Forwarding options, but I just want to use one button on my phone, not by using the web config or other computer software.

Is this possible in 3CX Free?

Hi,

This option is not available in free version. For this you will have to configure a BLF key for speed dial and BLF configuration is not available in free version.

Thats a pity! Thats the only function I need for my 3 extensions :) i will look for other PBXs for Windows.. Or else maybe virtualize asterisk or something.

Thank you for your fast reply! :)

Did you apply the Demo key? Reduces your concurrent calls but allows testing of all functions.

No, I will try that.

2 lines is just enough, but better is 3 lines ;) I will try this, thank you!

I think I'll switch to ClearOS with FreePBX or SME Server with FreePBX... unlimited lines, and all the options I need... for free :D

Good luck.
You will spent several month trying to make freePBX doing the job.

It was done in one hour... it's very easy. FreePBX isn't hat hard. I have an Elastix server that works perfectly, but I don't want to use two servers, I already have one Windows server, so that's why I wanted to try 3CX. But if I don't have the *72 option, then I have to stick to Asterisk (Elastix).

Because this simple function (call *72) is not available in the Free version of 3CX (unless I use the demo).

You may accomplish simple tasks via web interface, this is working with freePBX.
The problems starts when you have to implement some scripts to implement something more advanced as functionality.
However you may never need it.

Be aware also of hacker attacks, unless you are willing paying the bills for somebody else, etc. FreePBX is a completely different level of solution, probably even makes no sense to compare with 3CX.

That's true, that's true. 3CX is a good system, and I would like to use it, but I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars just voor call forwarding :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.