• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
Hi,

i have an extension in US same in Philippines i have a bridge connection and my friend in US calls my extension in the US is it possible that the extension that will ring is the extension in the Philippines? i have same extension number in US and in PH.

Thanks,

STASH

I'm afraid you'll have to provide a bit of a clearer explanation. Are you talking about a 3CX extension, (the same extension number) in two locations?

Sir Leejor,

yes 2 extension on 2 different locations.

Ex.
US office extension 201 Stash
PH office extension 201 Stash

caller from US calls our DID in US and input the extension 201 to direct the call on my extension, instead that the ringing will be on US i want it to be in PH can this be done with 3cx bridge?

Thanks,

STASH

Hi,
You can try with this...
under the inbound rules for that DID select the option: "Forward outside number" nad put e.g. 1201 and under the outbound rule configure something like this:

Calls to numbers starting with (prefix): 1
Calls to numbers with lenght of: 4

strip digits: 1
prepend : empty

Route: bridge

Now every call that is coming for that DID is forward to oustide number but in outbound rules it will go to the bridge tunnel as call for number 201

Sir Mixig,

Ok i will try, but if i do this i think there will be a prompt that the call will be forwarded to ext 1201?

Thanks,

STASH

You mean a verbal prompt? No, the call should just ring the extension on the other PBX if forwarding (and the outbound rule) is set-up correctly. It should be transparent to the caller.

Sir leejor,

I thought that it would prompt a verbal prompt.

Thanks,

STASH

I'm afraid you'll have to provide a bit of a clearer explanation.
g.gif

stash said:
I thought that it would prompt a verbal prompt.

About the only thing to provide a verbal prompt, would be, if you were to create an automated attendant, that would allow the caller a selection of destinations. If the call is going to a single destination, why would you require that there be a prompt, and what are you expecting it to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.