Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Forwarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Techops.pl, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techops.pl

Hello All,

At our firm we already had 3cx setup and there are a few requests that we've been unable to fulfill.

First one-
    The executive assistants have Yealink T28's with an additional module installed, then need to be able to do the following

When a call comes in from client a the exec. assistant picks up, client a says I need to speak to person A the exec. assistant says please hold, puts client a on hold, calls person A asks, they "do you want to speak to client a," they say yes at which the exec. assistant goes back to the call with client a and forwards them.

I know the transfer can be done with a BLF. If I setup on the module BLF -> to person a, she wont be able to call the person by pressing their button on the module... so how do I do it? separate button? to do BLF and on the module set extensions?

We're running 3CX V12 SP 6.2

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

a BLF is just fine for this. We are doing the same with Yealink T46G Blfs and it works fine.
    In general you can configure the BLF to perform a "blind" or an "attended" transfer. At the moment your phone is directly transferring the call, if you press the BLF, doing a blind transfer?
    Look in the provisioning template of the phone:
    There should be something like:
    Code:
    #Define the way of DSS key when configuring as a transfer key; 0-Display Number, 1-Attended Transfer, 2-Blind Transfer (default);
    transfer.dsskey_deal_type =
    You have to set it to "1"

After doing the attended transfer with the BLF key you probably can use some softkey or the transfer key, or just on-hook the handset to complete the transfer.

Code:
    #Enable or disable the phone to complete the blind or attended transfer through on-hook;
    #0-Disabled,1-Enabled(default);
    transfer.blind_tran_on_hook_enable = 1 
    transfer.on_hook_trans_enable = 1
    Best regards Frank

3. Techops.pl

but will setting up BLF on the buttons not prevent us from using the buttons as a speed dial?

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

My BLF buttons work as a speed dial, too. I don't remember any special configuration for this.

But maybe you are right. Maybe I just initiate a second call, when I press the key and than, when I press "transfer" or hang up, the call is just transfered to the second active call.
    But I have the BLF functionality, like monitoring the status und monitoring incoming calls, too.

I now checked again, that my phones are configured
    "transfer.dsskey_deal_type = 1"
    And you can use the keys as speed dials, all the same. We have some issues with pickup on some phones, but I think this is not related.
    Do you need pickup funktionality?

Best regards Frank

5. Techops.pl

Sorry for the delayed response, we had some important tests last week on our systems.

If pick up is the ability to pick up another extension if they're away, then that would be good too on the same key.

Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.