Call from batch?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cadbrowne, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadbrowne

I am trying to write a batch "wrapper" to call a number using the 3CX client.

As far as I can tell, the syntax should be either:

CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:1234567

or

CallTriggerCmd.exe -call 1234567

but neither one of these commands does ANYTHING. No error, no nothing. I might as well have typed "echo."

What am I doing wrong?

2. pact

pact New Member

Hi,

You are correct with those syntax, they should be working (And I can replicate them here fine).

Are you running the 3CX client as the same user (ie not as elevated Administrator)?

I assume the 3CX Client is running and is registered on the same computer you are running that command on.

Can you tell us what version (And service pack) your 3CX instance is and what version your client is?
    (To find client version, Settings(Cogs in the bottom right) -> Advanced Settings -> About)

And what licence level (Free/Standard/Pro/Ent) your 3cx is. (As it requires Pro for the API to work)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 pact, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. cadbrowne

Yes, as the same user.
    Yes, it's running.
    Client is 15.0.60903.0
    3CX should be Pro, but how do I check that?

Thanks for your help.

4. jed

jed New Member

Hi

It is working in 15.5 But be sure that you can find the CallTriggerCmd.exe

C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp>CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:123456

/Jesper

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pact

pact New Member

On the main 3CX Dashboard, look on the right column under 'License', this will say what it is, but you can click on 'License' as well and it will show you the version on the next screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.