• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call from external extension rejected as unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baguk

Reaction score
Dear All,

I have an issue with calls to be placed from extension over the internet. The extension is registered properly and also receives incoming calls from the PBX. However, when extensions tries to place a call (equal internally or externally) a classical " Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification" is logged and the call is rejected as from unknown source. The only difference to "usual" extensions I see, is that under "Phones" section under column IP is written FQDN of the extension's IP, and not an IP address (correctly resolved).

Therefore my question is - how 3CX (v15 if means) match call from extension and registed contact? might the FQDN and not IP under "Phones" section be a reason, that call form the extensions is not considered by 3CX as a call from extension?

BTW: The same extension without any change works on Asterisk PBX without any issue.

Other than checking the option, for that extension that allows/blocks calls from outside the local LAN, I would guess that it does indeed have something to do with the FQDN settings. 3CX is probably seeing that as not valid or a part of the network, and for security reasons, blocks the call attempts.

Is this the only remote extension? If not, are the other working?
Is this a new install? Were there "questions" about the FQDN settings when installed? In other words, did you "try" a setting that you though might be right, but weren't really sure?

How, where was the extension provisioned?

Hello leejor, thank you for your answer. This is a new setup, I don't this this have any meaning. The mentioned by me FQDN is of the extension, not of the PBX. Let's me try to show you what do I mean:

How looks this registration from the extension under "Phones":

EXT Vendor Model Fw. Version Name User ID Password Phone pwd PIN IP MAC
10000 kamailio (4.4.2 linux)) [Here is a Display Name] 10000 ***** ***** [here PIN] [Here is FQDN, not IP] of the extension PROVISIONED

In this case call from PBX fails with:
08/13/2016 8:33:31 PM - [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
Invite-UNK Recv Req INVITE from [here is IP of the FQDN above]:5060 tid=86fd.429d03558f86d9cba35bfd54f3c6d89d.0 Call-ID=07f58d737667894a5c89ef90456331d4@[here is IP of the FQDN above]:5060:
08/13/2016 8:33:32 PM - [CM503013]: Call(C:14): Incoming call rejected, caller is unknown; msg=Invite-IN Recv Req INVITE from [here is IP of the FQDN above]:5060 tid=86fd.4bc97b9b7b84d58bb8e7440e5e846198.0 Call-ID=07f58d737667894a5c89ef90456331d4@[here is IP of the FQDN above]:5060:

So, the same time, when I register the extension from other client I see under "Phones" following:

EXT Vendor Model Fw. Version Name User ID Password Phone pwd PIN IP MAC
10000 MicroSIP /3.12.8 3.12.8 [Display Name] 10000 ***** ***** [PIN] [Here is IP, not FQDN] PROVISIONED

and the call placed successfully:
08/13/2016 8:39:38 PM - [CM500002]: Call(C:16): Info on incoming INVITE from Extn:10000:
Invite-IN Recv Req INVITE from [IP]:60532 tid=Pjdb1821aaeb64453ebc6ea9be8ddb68a1 Call-ID=e2fb4384ca43408fa3567cd91506aeb8:

So... in the extension settings, is it programmed to register (initiate a call) using a Domain Name, or the public IP of the server? That Domain Name must have been datafilled in 3CX or it will reject calls if the name is used.

When the set first registers, in the 3Cx logs, you should see the pubic IP, plus port number, of the extension. I'm not certain why you see this...
Baguk said:
The only difference to "usual" extensions I see, is that under "Phones" section under column IP is written FQDN of the extension's IP, and not an IP address (correctly resolved).

You should not have to "tell" 3CX where an extension is located, as it might be different each time and that is what registration is for. The only time you have to do that is when it is a Gateway.

Disallow use of extension outside the LAN

leejor said:
Other than checking the option, for that extension that allows/blocks calls from outside the local LAN, I would guess that it does indeed have something to do with the FQDN settings.
in that case message would be like:
Code:
SIP request (REGISTER) from [public IP] was rejected. Reason: Block WAN requests is ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FJL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.