call from or to phones out of the office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tooraj Valaee, Dec 11, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooraj Valaee

Hi,

I'm new in 3CX, and its amazing.

My problem is:
    I want to make call FROM or TO phones out of the office(in different network)

first of all my IP address is dynamic but I installed an application from noip.com that prefer a DNS and sync every 5 minutes with my ip address.

second I set a port forwarding on my router.(translate port 5060 to 5060)

third I install a 3CX with that FQDN and its successfully installed.

I use 3CX to make a call ability to my clients with each other only so I haven't any sip trunk or gateway just after installation completed I tried to create an extensions and send invitation mail to my clients but it didn't works!

Please help me.
    Thanks.

2. ALuisPV

Hi Tooraj ,

for all extensions that you want to use out of the office (remote extensions), you need to check a parameter in 3CX. In the management console, go to Extensions --> Edit the extension --> Options tab and be sure that the parameter "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" is unchecked (default is checked).

If your remote clients are 3CX Phone Apps, and if you have configured these Apps with the welcome email, you will need to open Tunnel Ports (5090/TCP and 5090/UDP).

I would check these 2 points at the beggining.

Anyway, depending on your environment, there many other things to check, but you can start with these 2 points.

Best Regards.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may have to open (forward) a few more ports. http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

Check one of the welcome emails to see if the URL, to register to, is correct. If you are using a DDNS service, you may have to "tweak" some of the 3CX parameters to get it to work correctly. The latest versions (14 &15) expect you to have a static public IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.