Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call from separate SIP Trunk & outbound rule

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techmikeny, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techmikeny

I currently have 3CX 8 line system version 14 with SP3.
    And a SIP Provider giving me 6 Phone lines and 10 DID numbers.

We have our main company phone numbers which all rollover to each other
    I setup a second SIP Provider in the 3CX Phome System containing a different set of numbers to use for our Ecommerce part of our business. The actual SIP Provider is the same as the one we use for our main company numbers.

I added a separate inbound rule for this second SIP provider and other phone numbers directing calls to a separate call attendant.
    I want to setup am outbound rule so that when we call customers, we can show that we're calling from our advertised phone number and the Caller ID name should show as our ecommerce marketing name that I setup with Neustar(caller id database). I setup the rule so that to dial out, we have to dial 9 + 1 + the phone number. However, when I place a test call to my cell phone, the phone number shown is one from our main phone number. Is this linked to our SIP Provider account or can I separate them with some other advance settings.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you
    Mike

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It may depend on the provider. Some will not allow you to set the CID for fear of spoofing whereas others will.

If the provider does allow for you to control, then input a CID in an extension using the "other" tab and make a call and see. This may provide what you seek, but 3CXdoes not currently have the feature where outbound callerID is easily and dynamically capable of being manipulated from a single extension using SIP. So, hopefully the extensions in use for each aspect are dedicated to their functions and do not have the need for one extension to call out using the other desired number.

If the provider does not allow you to manipulate CID, then you might setup outbound rules so that the trunks are dedicated to their respective business and the provider can associated the desired number to the respective trunk and then you can use rules such as a leading 9 to go to business 1 trunk and an 8 to business 2 trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.