• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call going out on wrong DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Richardson

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using V15 Debian. I have a SIP account with my provider and I have added several DIDs to this SIP account. IE: Main phone number, secondary phone number, fax number. But I can only get extensions / fax to dial out on the main phone number. I have done the following:

Added the DID in Sip Trunks -> (trunk) -> DIDs
Set "Outbound Caller ID" in Extensions -> (extension) -> General

I'm all out of ideas. You?

Sounds like your provider controls the outbound pilot number. Have you talked to the sip provider regarding this?

I have been able to spoof numbers with my provider, so long as they have been set up and they are in my account, so I'm pretty sure that it is not a limitation of the provider. Nonetheless, I have emailed them to get their thoughts on the issue.

Hello @Peter Richardson

When a call comes in to the trunk the PBX will try and match the called number to an inbound rule you might have. If the PBX cannot match the number to an inbound rule because the number is not an exact match or perhaps there is not inbound rule set then the call will route to the destination of the main trunk number. So in your scenario probably the number coming in from the provider is not an exact match to your DID.You can either check the log and see how the number arrives to the PBX and adjust your DIDs or use the * symbol to let the PBX know that you need it to match only the numbers after the *. So if the number is 004412345678 you can add it as *12345678 so if the number arrives to the PBX as 004412345678 or 4412345678 or even 012345678 then the PBX will still match the number and route the call to the set destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.