Call History are with "Prepend" from "Outbound Rules"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simsim, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simsim

Dear 3CX community,

I've configured a SIP Trunk and an Outbound Rules.

My SIP Trunk need to add "0000" to all out calls.

It's work correctly but the users show the number with "0000" in call history.

Is it possible to log the calls without the prepend added from the outbound rule?

Best regards

Sim

2. simsim

How to fix this issue?
    Is it possibile to configure "prepend" from SIP Trunk and not from Outbound Rule?

Regards

Sim

3. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear simsim,

Could you please give us an example exactly what you need?

4. simsim

Hello Giannos,

I've configured a SIP Trunk (VoIP Carrier) and an Outbound Rules for all users.

When I call a number as 02101010 (for example) VoIP carrier work only if I add 0000 + country and then the number.
    The right number with prepend for this example is 00003902101010

Using prepend from "Outbound Rules" the call work correctly, but the call history from log/user is 00003902101010 instead of 02101010.

Is it possibile to preserve the original number in call history?

Best regards

Sim

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Sim,

I am afraid not but you can post this as a feature request in our ideas section of this forum.

6. simsim

Thanks for feedback...but this is terrifying!

I'm testing 3CX for our company (about 7/8 office aroud the world with about 250/300 internal phone in total) and this is only the first obvious problem.

The strip/prepend are from the side of the admin/routing and not the end-user!
    If the switchboard change something in call routing it must not interfere with the user....

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

On the users phone only the dialled number will be displayed. The system though will save the number that was actually sent to the provider.

8. simsim

Hello Yiannis,
    thanks for feedback...
    Also 3CX Softphone will save/display the number sent to the provider (with 0000 etc..)
    Regards

Sim

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Perhaps an outbound rule that says if the number starts with "0000" the system does not modify it - just sent to carrier as it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. simsim

It can be a workaround... but I need to change and balance calls over mutiple carrier and I can't know if it's still active/present.
    Other carrier need other ruels (for example country code without 00 or with 00, etc)
    Strange that 3CX record dialed number from system and not the called number from user.
    I'm new with 3CX but this is the first time that a PBX do this...:confused:

11. josea

Same issue for this. This is not good.

We have setup a rule so a "1" is prepend to 10 digits numbers (so the users can call directly to the US numbers without dialing a code).

So, user dials 9545555555 and the system calls to 19545555555 (which is correct), but it shows in the history 19545555555.

If the user goes to the call history and click on the numebr (to redial) -> the call fails because we don't have rules for 11 digit numbers.

The call history should be what the user dialed. Not whatever the system did internally to make the call happen.

Please advise.

AH2 likes this.
  12. AH2

AH2 New Member

Same problem here :(, still looking for a work around.

13. AH2

AH2 New Member

I Think this could be easily fixed with some sort of filter for the call history where it removes the prepended digits, should not be any mayor update. hope its taken under consideration.

Regards,
    AH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.