• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Call history not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Richardson

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

With the PC client, using version 15.5.12227.5, the call history does not update automatically. If you usually have your screen on "All Calls", for the call history to update, you have to click on another button (outgoing calls, incoming calls, etc) and then click on "All Calls" button again and the list will be refreshed.

To test:
1) be viewing "all calls" history
2) make a call, hang up
3) notice that the call history does not update
4) click on another button, such as "outgoing" or "incoming"
5) click on "all calls" button
6) noticed that your most recent call is now there at the top of the list

Hi Peter,

yes this is by design. You either have to refresh or click on another node, then back to Call logs to see the latest updated call log history.

That's funny, seems that you say that every time a bug is pointed out to you! What possible reason could there be for making the user continually have to update the list manually?! How about you just remove it altogether and we'll just tell the user that there's a new feature called "pen and paper". I'm sure they'll be thrilled!!

I do not consider this a bug... Who is going to sit there and just steer at the call list all day long?
I'm going to go make a call, find someone in presence, have a conference call, etc.

I (like many other users) hardly call the other extensions because it's a small office, I can just yell over the partition. I keep it on call history because I call (and receive calls from) the same 50ish people on a daily basis. I need to reuse the numbers I call because they're not contacts, they're just customers for a few days or a week.

Reactions: craigreilly
this needs to be fixed. It would be great if 3CX staff could acknowledge it as a problem instead of their usual approach of saying "yeah we designed it that way", which is obviously a lie and makes them look utterly stupid.

Your opinion is noted and respected however as this is working the way it was designed to work and it is not considered a bug. If you would like the behaviour to change i would recommend creating a feature request in the ideas section of the forum, if you haven't done so already. Locking the thread since the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.