• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call History of Pickedup calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Reaction score
We are running 3CX PRO version (ver 15.5) + Yealink T48 and when a call for extension A is picked up from extension B, there is no log registered on the extension A for this incoming call.

I found an old post that was never answered :
https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...directed-or-pickuped-calls.42950/#post-174256

Please let me know if there is way to log this call as a missed call on the original extension where the call was expected.

Hello @Mike99,

I tested the scenario you are trying on desk phones and soft phones with forwarding rules as well as with BLF functions too, and there is always an entry in the phone's log,3cx client's call history as well as the webclinet's call history for the call that came in and forwarded.

Check that all your phones are using the latest firmware, check once again your configurations on the phones and execute a scenario.

Thank you

Hi IoannisM_3CX ,

Thanks for your response. I have configured the pickup with BLF (on desk phones) and I see no log in the call history when a call is pickedup from another extension.

I am using the latest supported firmware on 3CX.

The call pickup was tested between T46 and T48 Yealink phones.

Please check the configuration generated for the phone ..

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 25.08.png
    25.08.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 16
Hello @Mike99,

Now i understood what exactly you mean. To give you an example how pickup works and what is the difference when a call is forwarded. In forwarding e.g. if A calls B and B is not answering then after the time out of B expires(thus missed call) then the call will be forwarded to C.

Now when using pickup dial code e.g. if A calls B, and C picks up the phone (*20*) then there is no missed call because C picked it up on behalf of A.

This is the default behavior of pickup.

Thank you i hope i made it clearer now

Hi IoannisM_3CX,

Its clear. You stated this is the default behaviour. Is there a way to modify it ? Is there a way to have B notified of the call that was picked up by C ?

Thanks a bunch

Hello @Mike99,

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do for modifying this. If you still need to see missed calls you can workaround something using forwarding rules like when someone is not in the office for example, he/she will set his/her phone to away so the phone will be forwarded immediately to another extension, to a ring group, to a queue or forwarding the call to the absent's mobile. That way you will be able to see missed calls and someone else answer the call without having to wait the ringing time to expire until the call is forwarded.

Thank you

Hi IoannisM_3CX,

The main problem is related to the pickup , but thanks for the heads up.

So for the moment you confirm to me there is no way for a call directed to B but picked up by C to be registered on the extension B logs/ call history ?

Thanks a lot

Yes. That's how it works.

If you have any ideas for suggestion, you can always post it in the ideas section of the forum in order to be up voted by other members and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Thank you

thanks for your support .. I already posted the idea ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.