Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

call history when recieving attended transfer

Discussion in 'Windows' started by accesstech, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accesstech

Hello
    We are using 3cx phone for Windows 14.0.49169.0
    3CX System 14 SP3
    We are using the 3cx phone in CTI mode with snoms d725
    We have the following problem:
    611 takes a external call from 04122741xx
    he puts the call on hold and calls 619
    619 agrees to take the call
    so 611 Transfers the call from 04122741xx to 619
    619 has the external call on his phone.
    3CX Shows 041 227 41 xx as calling Party.

Now if we go and look the the call history of the 3CX phone of 619 the list of incoming call Shows 611 instead of 04122741xx as the last answered call.
    We really would prefer to see the original caller transfered to 619 in the list of answered calls instead of the transfering Party (611).
    Can we somehow achieve this?

Thanks and regards

Urs

peccu likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When performing an attended transfer the extension that will receive the transfer gets called from the extension that will make the transfer. That is in fact what is displayed in the call history. The external number doesn't show in the call history because in fact there is no second call taking place towards that extension. The external number just replaces the extension that makes the transfer. This is displayed in the logs but not in the call history.

This is not the case in blind transfers where the number that actually rings the extension that receives the transfer is the external number. In that scenario you will see the external number in the call history.

Hope this helps

3. accesstech

Hello Yannis

Thanks for the explanation. Technically I can understand your point. But at the end of the day, when I look at the list of calls I recieved, it does not interest so much, that our Operator transfered me 12 calls. What I really need to see is to which customers I was talking (transfered Party). Technically it is possible to fill this Information into your call history list, as you are able display the transfered Party properly in the call status window of 3CX Softphone, while I am talking to the transfered party.

So this is eather a bug Report (list of received calls should not Show transferer but transfered Party), or it is a Feature request (if you really believe the someone is interested in the internal transferer's number (and call time).

We tend to see the current implemetation as a bug rather, and would be very happy about a Change in implementation. :)

Thanks anyway explaining the Background.

Urs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.