• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Hold Call Parking and Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewatterschats

Reaction score
If I park a call where does it go

What is the difference between putting a call on hold and parking the call or are they the same thing

If I park a call does that call only belong to me or can any one doing a *1 pickup a parked call get my call

What happens when some one does a *20* to pickup a call, which is different than *1 pickeup a parked call

Are queues and shared parking different

In general, putting a call on hold means that you are going to go back to that call, generally on the same phone. Parking the call usually means that someone else is meant to retrieve it, after, perhaps , being paged. But you can pick up a parked call if you want to move to another set.

A queue is a different animal altogether. Caller go into a queue, listen to a message, and are then placed on hold until an "agent" becomes available. We have all encountered queues when calling large businesses and hearing..."all agent are busy, your call is very important to us, please continue to hold"... then listen to music for 20 minutes.

How Do I Place a call on Hold and Then Pickup the call on Hold
In dial codes I see only an option to park a call *0 in my case and Pick up a parked call *1 in my case

If I park a call, then page someone to pick the call up, how do they pickup the specific call since there can be more than one parked call

Thanks

It's going to depend on the set you are using.

On a multi-line VoIP set, there is usually a hold key so you can take another call. On a single analogue set using an ATA, then you may have to use hook flash and "star" codes, which for some functions can vary from one model to another. Some have an "internal" hold.

As far as "parking", you specify the Parking Orbit Number when parking then retrieving a call from another number.

See...

http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user- ... ial-codes/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.