Solved Call Hunt?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matts5150, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matts5150

So I recently setup 3cx with 6 phone #'s and channels from siptrunk. All lines are working however I can't seem to figure out how to get call hunt to work. I setup ring groups, and all phones ring when the first call comes in, however I can't figure out how to get the phones to roll to the next line if the first line is busy. For example if someone calls the main # all phones ring and an agent will answer the phone however when the next call comes it and the first line is still busy, it doesn't roll to the next line the caller gets a busy signal. Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Did you set up your inbound rules for each incoming number?
    I’ve never seen where 6 numbers mean 6 channels in VOIP - yes I’ve seen channels - but one number can handle multiple channels.
    Is the second call coming to the second number or the first?
    Lots of questions can be asked here. Very open to discussion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. matts5150

Did you set up your inbound rules for each incoming number? Yes
    I’ve never seen where 6 numbers mean 6 channels in VOIP - yes I’ve seen channels - but one number can handle multiple channels. We purchased them separately from siptrunk.
    Is the second call coming to the second number or the first? It goes to the 2nd number/ring group
    Lots of questions can be asked here. Very open to discussion.

I have a separate ring group for each did although they point to the same agents, should I only have one ring group? We're a small biz and all take the same calls, ie no separate departments.

Thanks

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Matt,

It sounds to me like it is your ring strategy is set incorrectly.

In ring groups you get only "Ring all" and "Prioritized hunt". Ring all is obvious but with "Prioritized hunt" 3CX will distribute the call according to the order specified in the Queue members section. All calls will go to the first agent first, and only if this agent is busy, the calls will go to the next agent.

You can either set this, or setup a call queue which will give you a lot more options in regards to polling strategy: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/call-queues/

Make sure you have actually added the agents into the group/queue also and set a "destination if no answer": P.S: This can be a failover queue/group.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It is still not clear to me if you are using 1 trunk with 6 numbers or 6 trunks with 1 number each.
    And if multiple trunks how many channels do you have for each trunk?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

SIPTRUNK has several plans and flexibility within each plan. You can have:
    An unlimited trunk, which allows for unlimited calling. So, you could have 6 trunks each with a single DID and call path. In this case, you would have set each trunk up within 3CX along with its respective DID on the inbound rules and then use the failover rules within your SIPTRUNK portal to handle the rollover.

upload_2018-4-16_7-34-28.png

Looking at the above, the "primary" is a trunk. If it were to be busy, you could then set-up the secondary to point to the next trunk and then repeat same for all trunks so that you create a circular huntgroup.

Using the same unlimited trunk, you can also set up the number of call paths, so that only one DID is needed; yet 6 calls can be handled at a time. Or, you can also add additional DIDs which would then share the 6 calls paths. There is no need for failover if there is call path availability. However if all 6 calls paths are in use, they may allow it and then send you a message that you have exceeded the plan and should consider upgrading. Otherwise, the caller will get a busy.

The unlimited simply means that you are not bound by a set number of minutes and in exchange you are billed a flat-rate regardless of whether 2 minutes or 20,000 were used in a billing period.

It depends on how you are configured at SIPTRUNK that determines what is needed at 3CX.

Unless your have specific needs for that many trunks, I suggest you ask the reseller to consolidate the 6 DIDs under one trunk and then set the trunk to accommodate the desired number of calls/call paths. It is the same thing financially, just easier to maintain from your perspective. Where you see the 1 in unlimited channels, you can use the down to select how many are desired.
    upload_2018-4-16_7-44-16.png upload_2018-4-16_7-34-28.png upload_2018-4-16_7-44-16.png

7. matts5150

Hey Guys, I appreciate all the ideas, it helped steer me in the right direction. I have 1 trunk with 6 dids and 6 channels. I ended up deleting did 2-6 on the trunk and put all 6 channels on the same did. Now it works great.
    Thanks

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.