Call is routed to external IP Address

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paul-a, Jan 22, 2008.

1. paul-a

Hi,

First of all my apologies for something that might be a very simple issue but I can't find it, also does not help that search on the forum is not enabled. :cry:

Anyhow I have a local network, 192.168.0.0 which has a number of client PC's.

I have it all setup now that clients connect to the 3CX Phone System and can call eachother and can make external calls.

Where it fails is when I have an incoming call it tries to find the extention on the external and not local IP Address?

i.e.

Is there anywhere I can change a setting that will actually prevent it from going to the external IP Address?

Thanks

Paul

2. paul-a

Hmm, must obviously be harder to answer then I expected? Anyone? Please?

3. alicic

alicic New Member

As what I see from the log

Calling: Ext:101@[Dev:sip:101@xx.xx.214.104:5070, it is using port 5070. Please check the port number again with service provider. SIP port is 5060

regards,

4. paul-a

Thank you for that observation, this even confuses me more as port 5060 is the standard port and no where is it configured to use port 5070.

That said it should dial Ext:101@[Dev:sip:101@192.168.0.2:50xx instead of dialing our external facing IP address? Should it not? The PBX is running on our local 192.168 address including the extentions.

Paul

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

There is no enough information but it looks like a problem of phone configuration or you have registered external phone as this extension. Pay attention that more then one registration is supported by PBX. All remains active until expired.

Regards