Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call issues on Win2012 Hyper-v

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yachtinteract, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yachtinteract

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our 3CX install and as part of this we are moving to Windows 2012 and Hyper-v.

During out testing before stwiching over we have an issue with the call quality but only one way! There are no problems making or receiving calls but in the call quality but only in one direction.

So when you make or receive a call the issue is with the 3cx side of the call. So if I make a call from 3cx I can hear the person I call (to a mobile or land line) without any problems, but they very bad jitter with what sounds like only every other packet making it.

We are using exactly the same phones, SIP trunks etc as our old 3cx install so this seems very strange, especially as it is only one way issues.

Has anyone seen or heard of this before?

Thanks,

Jonathan

2. aberry

aberry New Member

I have been running 3cx on Hyper-V here for about a year, and just created a new 2012r2 VM for V14. Have not had any issues. I have 4 Cpu and 4gig of memory assigned to my VM. What hardware resources do you have assigned?

3. aberry

aberry New Member

Also, as has been mentioned other times, you must make sure that the integration services are installed on your VM, primarily for syncing time with the host. Apparently if time is off at all you will have issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.