• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call lasts 32 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

scousens

Reaction score
Hello all.
I am using free 3CX version.
If two of my extensions (connected to the 3CX server form the internal network) make a call, there is no problem.
But if one of the extensions is connected to the 3CX Server form outside (using the public IP address), the call lasts only 32 seconds when the caller is outside.
If the internal extension generates the call to an outside extension, there is no problem.

Any hints?

Hi
I recommend to search the forum. There was lots of '30 sec disconnenction problem' posts here in the past. Check port forwarding on your router, firewall settings and remember to enable STUN for extension outside 3cx subnet.

Thank you

Your situation is not clearly defined. So its unclear what your issue is.

Generally speaking....

Remote exteneral extensions are extensions OUTSIDE of your local network (LAN) that register on your 3CX as an extension.

INBOUND calls refers to VoIP or PSTN sessions that are directed at your 3CX. INBOUND calls are not registered 3CX extensions.

OUTBOUND calls refers to any call session from an registered 3CX extension to an external destination.

This is almost certainly a firewall issue. Basically the firewall is dropping the connection after that interval. You will have to use port forwarding and look into your firewall settings.

Hi,

Im having a similar problem here. Please allow me to explain better. Attached goes our network topology.

Scenario:
We have a two office connection. The tunnel connection is estabilished and works great (3cx v6.1.0) and the ext. 10 and 12 can call perfectly.

Problems:
- Calling from ext 10 to 13 the connection drops in 32 seconds. Otherwise is works perfectly.
- External calls to extention 13 has no audio (in both ways);

Log:
[MS105000] C:12.3: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=127.0.0.1:10006,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=127.0.0.1:7048

What i have tryed so far:
- PC firewall (office 2) disabled. Problem persists;
- Logs from office's 2 router: no blocking messages.
- Extension options (Supports Re-Invite, supports 'Replaces' header): if changed the audio goes one way – I only listen. Both softphones are Eyebeam 1.5/Mac.

Firewall rules:
- Office 1:
UDP 5060
TCP/UDP 3478
UDP 9000-9015
TCP 5481
TCP 5090
UDP 7000-7499

- Office 2:
TCP 5090

This problem is driving me crazy. Any ideas of what Im missing?

Thanks in advance,
Leo

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,525
On the DLINK, Do you have UPNP turned on? Sometimes this can do more harm then good, so toggle it on and off and see if it helps. I know on my DDWRT router with it on, calls where getting sent to Narnia on a regular basis.

Also you may wish to take a look at this;
https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/ - new link

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I disabled the UPnP and the problem persists.

I have read carefully the documentation suggested to build the tunnel. I wonder if I should open extra ports on office2's end, like UDP9000-9015.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Leo

Have you turned on persistent connections in 3CX? Then toggle UPNP and see if that helps.

Hi TP,

Thanks for replying again.

I looked up in 3cx manual about the mentioned "persistent connections" but found nothing. Where I can find more about it?

Best regards,
Leo

Its under general, Global Options tab, Enable Keep Alives.

Also if both devices are capable, You may just wish to go ahead and setup a site to site VPN. It would make things a whole lot easier.

Hi TP,

Perhaps persistent connections are avaliable only in newer versions (Im running 3cx v6.1.0). About the VPN, if possible, I would like to avoid this possibility due to technical skills restrictions :)

Any other contribution?

Thanks again,
Leo

Upgrade to latest 3CX, Setup VPN, or figure out why your router is droping the connection and remedy it.

Thanks again, TP.

Regards,
Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.