• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Listening Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian.simpson

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
At one of our installs, the customer has a laptop for training use.

for this we simply added a 'training' extension with the rights to listen in on calls.(Can Barge in, listen or whisper (requires 3CX PRO Edition))

for some reason in the manager view, we can only right click on certain calls, it appears that any incoming call cannot be right clicked unless we give that extension ' Perform receptionist operations' rights which gives that user far too many options. Internal calls, or incoming calls that have been transferred can get clicked but no straight incoming calls.

I hope this all makes sense

Any response appreciated,

Thanks

Hello @adrian.simpson

Is this happening only in the manager view or all views of the Switchboard? What version PBX are you on and what version is the 3cx client?
Can you send a screenshot of the extensions rights?
Are the calls that do not work come straight to the extension? Or are the calls coming through a queue or ring group? Can you please elaborate on the call flow?

Hello @adrian.simpson

Is this happening only in the manager view or all views of the Switchboard? What version PBX are you on and what version is the 3cx client?
Can you send a screenshot of the extensions rights?
Are the calls that do not work come straight to the extension? Or are the calls coming through a queue or ring group? Can you please elaborate on the call flow?

HI There, Thanks for getting back to me. i have done some addition testing.

we are running 3CX PRO 15.5.5 - about to upgrade it to SP2

incoming calls coming straight to an extension can be listened to
incoming calls coming into a queue CANNOT be listened to
outbound calls can be listened to.

I have attached the right screenshot, they currently have the receptionist feature turned on as that works on everything, but i dont want them to have this, the listen in feature on its own should work

is there any reason why this happens?

Thanks
Adrian

Attachments

• 2017-11-24 10_01_09-3CX Phone System Management Console.png
    2017-11-24 10_01_09-3CX Phone System Management Console.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 18
I have tried replicating your issue using an SP1 installation but could not. Listen and barge in works just with the listen right enabled on the extension and not the receptionist right.
Do you have different extension groups? Can you try calling the queue from a local extension and let me know if the issue persists.

FYI, in SP2 the rights have been split so the receptionist operation no longer affects divert, transfer and pickup and they now look like the screenshot below.
. 2017-11-24_13h52_19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.