Call logs show some extensions making calls to 0 or IVR when no one is here

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MCCIT, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCCIT

I have noticed since upgrading from V14 to V15 in the Call logs you get calls being logged from certain extensions to either 0 or IVR. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be, one of the extensions is a system extension but other are not. See log below. Phones are yealink. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens. Is just late night junk call coming in and trying to route it somewhere (ie someone pressing 0 at other end).

Date/Time From To Talking
    03/19/2017 11:20:55 PM UserA (301) IVR (DialCode) 00:00:05
    03/19/2017 11:20:55 PM UserA (301) 0 Not Answered
    03/19/2017 10:59:57 PM UserB (327) 0 Not Answered

Any idea much appreciated. I never noticed it before until I upgraded to V15 over the weekend and noticed after doing that I had 10 calls to purge the following day (Sunday) when the office was shut so how could it have calls to purge.

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

As far as I know this happens only once and after the IP phone (Yealink) reboot.
    This is some sort of initialisation procedure, I think.
    Can’t harm.
    So, if 10 phones switched on and reboot at the same time, then there will be 10 calls and you will get a license overflow error if you have a 8SC license.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi MCCI,

The following log indicate that the extension send information about the status, this is a call status from extension to system
    DialCode : *30, *31 etc.

And the following log is when the phones reboot/reprovision send a call to 0. This was a know issue by Yealink firmware. In the latest firmware this was fixed.
    upload_2017-3-20_17-22-48.png

4. MCCIT

Ok thanks for the prompt responses much appreciated, that would certainly make sense about the initialisation etc. I did not think it was doing any harm was just intrigued as to why there doing and only some. I will check the latest firmware also although I think they are all running latest as that was the first issue I had when I upgraded from V14 to V15.

MC

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi MCCIT,

Try to upgrade your phones to the latest supported firmware and let us know.
    Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and please let us know if you need any further information.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.