Call Manager to 3cx SIP trunk. Call extension without DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by c.holloway, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c.holloway

Title says it all really. We have a Call Manager that we've connected to 3cx via a SIP trunk. Call Manager is the front end PBX and we're routing calls from it for certain centers of a client of ours to 3cx. When the call is sent over the SIP trunk, it will only go to an extension if there is also a DID created for it, even though the SIP invite comes to 3cx as the extension. In this case the extension is 3300. If you call in to that extension from the outside, via a DID in Call Manager, you get the Digital Receptionist of another center even though the pilot is not even similar (6120). Is there a way to get 3cx to answer the inbound call to 3300 without also having to create an inbound DID for it?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't know what exactly what must be done on the CUCM, but check this out:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/

It may need a bit of tweaking, but if you manage the get the CUCM to send the INVITE messages as demonstrated, then I imagine that it should work.

I have heard of people having done it, but I do not recall seeing any forum thread outlining the procedure in detail.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would have a look at the 3CX server logs to see why the call ends up where it does. Does it use the number being sent, or is there something set to override that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.