Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Media Statistics (quality)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mullenlaw, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullenlaw

I have been dealing with call quality issues since going live. Our PRI with a Sangoma card was really bad and we moved to a SIP solution with the same provider. Still have quality problems and they say it's all us now....

Our provider recommends looking at the media statistics in 3cx - in other words the dropped packet info, etc...

Where can I see this information?

:?:

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

A whireshark capture can provide you such information. Install Whireshark on 3cx server and start capturing problematic calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mullenlaw

The problem there is knowing ahead of time I'm going to have a problematic call. 8|

I've got a phone service (PRI/VOIP) vendor that is telling me 3cx is the cause of all our call quality problems.
    He says real IP PBXs have media stats. This is just more fuel for his fire.... :evil:

4. albertc

What kind of Internet access do you have and have you test the Internet connection quality? Test your connection for bandwidth, latency, jitter and packet lost. Also, are you using any kind of bandwidth management like QoS or BWM to make sure your VOIP traffic are not affected by other internet use like downloads or media streaming by users. 3CX's jobs are routing packet in and out, to and from host and phones. Therefore, quality issues are mostly related to the quality of the connection instead of the host itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.