Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

call not connecting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by trevor.austin, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevor.austin

I have got this setup and it sort of works. However when I answer the incoming call all I can hear is a continuous beeping sound, almost like an engaged tone. This is the same whether the call is inbound or outbound. Both ring fine but no actuall connection. Any ideas please. The two sip lines I have connected and the extension to extension are fine.

Thanks

2. trevor.austin

Small update. Rebooted the server this lives on (vsphere virtual server) and now the calls connect but no sound either end. Call held until deliberate disconnection but no sound at all.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    Do you have sound drivers and microphone?
    Skype needs proper sound drivers to work. If you install skype on a machine without sound drivers and microphone, skype does not work. 3CX Skype Gateway needs skype to work. Without sound drivers skype gateway will connect but audio will not pass or have jittering sound. Also if you want you can make this test. Install skype on your virtual server machine and call another skype user and see the results.

Thanks and regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Trevor
    Did you tried to call from an extension Skype's sound service, echo123? It's first recommended - and very useful - test to do.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.