• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call not terminating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomnorton

Customer
Reaction score
Hi

I have just setup a new SIP Trunk with a new provider. All is working well, however I have noticed one thing.

When the person you are calling hangs up, it does not terminate the call. Instead the person at the 3CX end has to do that.

I am told that this is a setting on the SIP trunk. Anyone know what that would be?

Thanks

Tom

Hello @tomnorton

Please note on the PBX side there is no such setting for hanging up the call. If a BYE message is received from the provider then the call will be terminated. Make sure the firewall checker passes on the PBX to eliminate any firewall issues.
If you are familiar with wireshark you can run a capture and see if the BYE message is being sent from the provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.