Call over bridge from extension with (1)xx dropping 1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Not sure if anyone else has ran across this and i am scratching my head as to what is causing it.
    What i got is (3) 3cx systems all connected with bridges.
    From system (1) an extension 1xx calls system 2 or 3.
    The incoming cal on 2 or 3 shows coming from just 2 digits. It drops the (1)
    So if extension 133 calls extension 424. 424s phone will show a incoming call from 33 not 133 like it should....

Im really scrashing my head on what would cause this.
    Its like there is some kind of reformatting going on but i cant think of what.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Funny...this just came up a short while ago.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/bridge-calls-40727.html

I'm wondering if a bug has been discovered.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am guessing E164 is applied to bridge calls in case PSTN is traversing... Where 1 office has the phone lines and the remote offices share...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Thanks guys,
    That is exactly what it was.
    I went into Custom Parameters and changed "COUNTRYCODE" from a (1) to a (0) and fixed the problem.
    This was on the remote 2 systems that i made this change.
    Can you think of what negative effect this might have on the phone system?
    I cant really think of any since they don't use any of the billing stuff or outlook/exchange integration.

It is interesting that e164 is applied to a call over the bridge.

Even if you had a PSTN device on the remote system you were going to send the call through they could do e164 processing on the connection to the PSTN device instead of the bridge couldn't they?

5. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

One thought
    By putting the country code to (0) it might mess with international calling starting with 011
    So i tried just leaving the value blank and it still worked so that is my end result.
    I just cleared the "COUNTRYCODE" value and resolved the issue.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In my thinking...this should be optional , and certainly not enabled by default on Bridge trunks. Is this happening in Version 12 in both cases, and after a service pack was applied? If so, it may be something that 3CX should be looking into.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us now this is working. I was hesitant to change on my main system where the issue is occurring.
    (The remote sites dial 4 digits - the persons extension - to get the corporate office. No prefix needs to be applied there)

I have talked to a 3cx partner who did not think this would be an issue if our outbound calls are all being processed by outbound rules and not the national dial codes, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.