Call Park delay in Yealink Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randika, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randika

Hi all

We have three yealink phones in reception (T28P firmware 2.72.0.80) and they are configured to park calls using
    BLF (we have around 300 other phones in the company for users )

sometimes it take 6-8 seconds for Call Park to display on the yealink when Park button is pressed. When considering
    the amount of calls we get per minute it is quite a long time.

Has anyone got any idea regarding this.

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

At first glance, I do not think you are running the latest firmware on the phones.

Having said that however, I am not certain that an upgrade will help. My guess at the moment is that is you are running the same park plan against all 300 phones, then it will take the system some time to notify all of the changes that occur as this type of message is sent individually and not as a multi-cast.

Given the timing, it suggests that ~40 per second are being sent.

I suppose a more powerful system running the 3CX system combined with a faster or less congested network might help, but with 300 phones connected, I suspect that both are pretty robust if this issue is the only one you have.

Others may have more insight into it, but you may have to consider your park strategy or call handling routines if the goal is to shorten the time.

3. jasit

jasit New Member

are you parking and paging? or do you mean that reception one parks the call and it takes upto 6 seconds before it shows up on reception 2 and 3's phones.

4. Randika

Hi All

Thank you for your replies,

Actually we are only parking calls (not paging) and the reception one park the call (press the button) it take up to 6 seconds before it shows (lit up) in that particular phone and all the other phones.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When was the last time you reset your switches?
    Any Vlans in place?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Randika

Hi

I reset the switches around one month back, and the Voice VLAN is properly placed

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.