Call Park question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ianbird, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianbird

Hi All,

Hope someone can help, very new to 3CX.

We have a very small office 2 ringing groups and only require one central call park group.

Sales
    Support

It appears if a person in the support ring group places the call on Park. Someone from the Sales group cannot retrieve the call.

If I test this with me in the support group place the call on call park and some from support can retrieve the call.

Sounds like some group permission issue to me.

Has anyone had this situation before?
    Anyway of setting up a global Call Park group?

Thanks
    Ian

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

are you using * commands or SP?
    and are you doing this via a phone or MyPhone web app?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ianbird

Hi Craig,

Thanks for coming back to me.

From a Snom 320 and 870

I am using * not SP as I dont know how to set them up.

So press transfer *00 to place it in to the call park. The to get the call back the button on the phone is programed with *0 to get it iback

I am not 100% what SP stands for I assume Shared park.
    How to you set a button up for this?
    Do I put SP* or SP0 in the button string? On the phone?
    Or does it have an extension number associated with it?

I am in the UK
    Time Zone = GMT

Thanks
    Ian

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

To use shared park you setup a line button on the phone with a BLF for Shared park. To provision this from the system you will need to be using a licensed version of 3cx. You can also use shared parking spaces from within the 3cx myphone client.

I cant help you on your other issue as I have never used anything other than the shared park feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Under general - global options there is an option to limit call pickup to calls received in their extension group. Not sure if that might have anything to do with your issue.

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

When you say ring group do you mean extension group? I believe if you have extension groups setup and are using the standard parking feature then you have to be in that extension group to pickup the call. You could verify this by trying to pickup the call from an extension in the management group. I am guessing the idea is you would group extensions together that needed to pickup calls and parks from each other.

If you use shared parking it is not effected by the extension group.

7. craigreilly

Billy - last time I checked - I could not unpark SP's in MyPhone that were parked by another Extension Group... Is this fixed?

8. netswork

netswork Active Member

Good question. I always use BLF's for parking/unparking with shared parks, I have not tried it with myphone.

9. ATS-Support

If you are using star codes to park and unpark, it should be *0(1-9) to park, and *1(1-9) to unpark by default.

I do believe that extension group permissions are also required for this to function (easy test would be to put 2 test extensions into the default MANAGEMENT group which has all permissions and have one extension park it and the other pick it up)

I will admit though, that shared park is much easier to use/set up. If you are using autoprovisioning, you can set the BLF settings on the extension to "shared park" and use the SP0-SP9. (disclaimer: This will only work if your phone has programmable soft keys) To use them, press transfer and then the SP key you wish to park the call on. Then the other extensions (assuming their BLF's are identical) can retrieve it from the same key.

10. craigreilly

we use yealinks and we simply hit the blf to park / unpark the call. no transfer key needed.

11. netswork

netswork Active Member

Same with Cisco and Polycom.

12. Ianbird

Yes thanks all for your help;

worked out that it was a user error on my part haha :S

13. netswork

netswork Active Member

Glad you got it working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.