Call parking in Cisco + 3CX Assistant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danoh, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danoh

I'm having a beast of a time here, and hoping someone smarter than I can help :)

I am working at setting up call parking with 3CX v9 and Cisco SPA509G phones.

I have two unused line keys on my CIsco phone programmed for fnc=sd+blf;sub=SP0@$PROXY;nme=SP0 and for SP1. I can transfer a call by pressing xfer then the SP0 or SP1 line key fine, and it goes into the correct park slot and the line key lights red indicating there is a parked call waiting to be picked up. You can press the line key and pick up the parked call. Works perfect!

Except...

The call is not shown as parked in the 3CX assistant. Matter of fact, it doesn't appear ANYWHERE in the 3CX assistant. The other side of this problem is that when you park a call USING the 3CX assistant, it shows as parked in the 3CX assistant but does not light up the park line key on the phone, nor can you pick up the parked call from the phone by using the SP0 or SP1 line key.

Someone help! :p

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Im going to first ask you the simple question.. what version of the assistant are you running? And what PBX bild are you running?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. danoh

Assistant installed 9.0.13537.0 executable 9.0.0.13537
    3CX is version 9 with SP1

4. dsnyc

I am experiencing same issue. Not showing in 3CX Assistant. Same version. Is there a later version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dsnyc

It appears that the 3CX assistance parking uses *0 park feature not the SP0-SP9 park.

Is there a way on a phone to configure a BLF to view if calls are in the *0 park queue?

Also, will the new version of the 3CX assistant support the v9 SP0 parking?

6. dsnyc

Does 3CX have an update for this issue?

7. danoh

Still looking for a way to solve this issue....

8. dsnyc

Is there an update to this?

9. usa

usa

I would really like to see an answer to this question. One of my clients just returned 10 Cisco SPA50xG phones becuase the park option simply does not work. Please fix this issue or post some kind of work around.

10. Coretech

Here is a quick work around that has been working for our clients until the Assistant can park correctly.

Create a group of extensions, like 500-509. Name them Park 500, Park 501 and so on. Go to each extension that you created and forward the extension to a shared parking code. For instance, program call forward when busy or not registered on extension 500 to SP0. Whenever you transfer a call to 500 it will be parked on SP0 and should show on any blf key that has SP0 assigned to it. This will allow you to pick up the call on the 3cx phone, 3cx assistant, cordless phones and analogs.

In the assitant, we programmed their phone books with the 500-509 extensions to correspond with SP0-SP9. They just have to remember that they can't use the Park Button yet on the assistant, they just transfer a call to Park 500-509 extensions and then it is assigned to SP0-SP9. It unforunatley displays "SP0-SP9" in the assitant screen so they have to remember what Park extension they transferred to. This allows all of the analog phones in their warehouse to access the parked calls easily after a page saying "call parked on 500-etc" and they just dial 500.

From the 3CX phone we programmed the sidecar with the blf/xfer with 500-509. This way they can either pick up a parked call by selecting the button, or for example select "Transfer", then select "Park 500" and then "Release" This again allows you to pick up from any phone by dialing "500". Of course to pick-up on the Assitant, just select the call and press the Park key.

Some phones don't have any easy way to transfer, but we have used this in many scenerios and it has worked very well. This might not be the best way to do it, but at least you can use shared parking accross all devices. Hopefully the Assistant will be fixed soon, but we all know phone systems take some creativity.

Hope this helps or sparks some ideas!

11. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Assistant issues as the one you are describing are most probably fixed in a newer version of the PBX and Assistant.
    To properly fix such issues you HAVE TO install the latest PBX AND Assistant. Installing just one or the other will not fix your issue in most cases.

So go to the 3CX Website/Blog and get the latest 3CX Version. Install the pbx and go to the Updates section of the 3CX Management Console and download the latest assistant for the PBX.
    Then send a Welcome e-mail to everyone by going to Extensions > Send Welcome e-mail (Top Right Bar)

Everyone should get a link in their e-mail with an "assistanthandler" link imbued in it. When they click on this link, the newest assistant will be automatically installed and automatically provisioned for their extension specifically.

Try this and let me know how it goes.

12. Coretech

I have all the latest updates and it still appears that the Assistant uses the older style of parking. I made a mistake on my earlier post that you can use the "Park" button in the assistant to retrieve calls in my method. That is incorrect, you would have to click on the unregistered extension that you originally parked the call on to retrieve it.

This method does work, but it is cumbersome and the assistant needs to use the SP0 parking. It is very hard to explain to a customer that something as advanced as 3CX is, that it can't park calls easily.

Please let us know when that will be fixed, I would assume it's at the top of the list. It's hard to sell it to customers when their old PBX/KSU has done it easily for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.