• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Parking to the same parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nateb

Reaction score
Ok, so what happens if to lines get parked to the same parking lot.
How do you know if there is a call ing parking lot 0?

Never tried it. Give it a shot and look at the server status screen. I would hope there is a message saying it's being used or at least transfer failed but I don't know.

Hi,

All calls will be parked on requested orbit. They are not replacing each other.
You can take first parked call from orbit or take first call that is "launched" from specified extension.

example:
Dial code *0(park) *1(unpark)
transfer to *00 from ext 101 will park call to orbit 0 (call1)
then
transfer to *00 from ext 102 will park call to orbit 0 (call2)

Call to *10 or *10101 will take "call1"
Call to *10102 will take "call2"

Regards

What happens with a receptionist who doesn't remember if she used 00 or 01 already and it the other person hasn't picked up yet?
Call 1 comes in - transfer to *00
Call 2 comes in - transfer to *01
call 3 comes in - transfer to *00

No one has picked up any calls yet. What happens with call 3?

SY said:
Hi,

All calls will be parked on requested orbit. They are not replacing each other.
You can take first parked call from orbit or take first call that is "launched" from specified extension.

example:
Dial code *0(park) *1(unpark)
transfer to *00 from ext 101 will park call to orbit 0 (call1)
then
transfer to *00 from ext 102 will park call to orbit 0 (call2)

Call to *10 or *10101 will take "call1"
Call to *10102 will take "call2"

Regards

Has anyone seen an answer to the above question? I have the same problem where the receptionist may accidentally park a call on the same orbit. How can that be remedied? RIght now our voip system places calls into orbits automatically and then announces it to the caller. So that means the receptionist doesnt have to worry about accidetally placing calls from here ext in the same orbit and having the wrong person pickup the wrong call... all she has to do is dial the park ext and it handles the work for her in terms of parking it in the right orbit. Our receptionist handles a lot of calls in a day and could easily have this problem.

Are there any possible work arounds? Multiple extensions.......???

Hi guys,

How about a soft client GUI that shows parked calls for the receptionist so that if she (or he if I'm being PC here) can see that one got lost (if two calls were parked on the same orbit) and pick it back up and direct the call on to where it should have gone.

It would be even nicer if it could show "call from <number>" in the list of parked calls also if it's not pushing the friendship too much...

Brendan

The reason it wont work for us is because of the larger volume of calls that comes in.... I can see it being a problem more often than not especially when she is busy... I would be ok with a gui if it allowed you to pickup the call you wanted... I know the 3CX Voip Client shows the parked calls but I havent tested anymore than seeing if they show up in the display... I just know (as well as my management) that with the FIFO mechanism of the parking feature that we are going to have some irritated cusotmers....

Matt,
I am not sure what you mean by it being handled in the 3CX... are you referring to call the parking issue or the answering of the calls? (like using a digital attendent)

Thanks Matt - I should have read more of the forums before suggesting a GUI to show parked calls.

I haven't tried it as yet, however if the Voipclient does show parked calls, I hope it shows who parked them as it would then allow you to work around the FIFO problem as you could enter *1N<ext> to pick up the specific call - I guess that would involve a Voipclient on each desk as the potential downside (as the PC may not always be on when a call comes in and gets parked - not insurmountable though as the recpetionist could actively monitor them) which gets back to the same original problem that a programmable status key for parked calls on handsets would resolve.

Maybe the 3CX guys could at least develop this feature for snom phones at the very least and include it in V7? Possibly with the HTTP API?

Cheers, Brendan

Hey Matt,
Yeah that makes sense... that is what we want and currently have with our phone system, but this phone is really crappy and we are trying to find one to replace it... I have played Asterisk but I am not tolerant when it comes to doing gymnastics to get drivers to and crap to work on Linux... No offence to Linux/Asterisk folks asterisk is good and flexible I just dont have to time to baby sit and recompile code all the time and run down archaic errors... I am a windows guy, probably would be easier if I was a Linux guy. 3CX would allow me to run a VOIP system on any of the many windows machines I have without the learnging or having to buy vendor hardware.

CAll parking is a big issue and may be a show stopper.

I really like the way * parks calls. You park it and it tells you what orbit# it's in. (As was suggested above) This works great and you don't have to know what orbit is already in use. Seems strange that free software has so many amazing features that some of these paid systems (not just 3CX) don't do at all or don't do well.

Quick question with Call Parking. Has anyone been able to use the Call Park soft key on a Polycom 650 with 3CX? From the documentation I've read the soft key will prepend the orbit number you enter with *68. In 3CX I changed my call park code to *68, but haven't been able to park a call. The server log shows:

10:20:34.416 Call::RouteFailed [CM503015]: Call(4): Attempt to reach [sip:[email protected]];orbit=1 failed. Reason: Not Found
10:20:34.416 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503014]: Call(4): No known route to target: [sip:[email protected]];orbit=1
10:20:34.416 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:[email protected]];orbit=1

It's the "sip:callpark" which looks to be the problem.

I am, however, able to park a call by blndtrnsfr *68 N (N = orbit #), but of course the users are wanting to use the park call soft key. I was just curious if anyone was able to park a call using the soft key with a Polycom.

Hopefully we'll see some more intuitive call parking in the new version =D

There sure have been a lot of converstations on the forums surrounding Parking Orbits.

I happened to post some more indepth comments this morning on Parking orbits here that may help explain a few things and describe a few possible solutions or, at least, some explanations. It's a little lengthy, so here's a link. It's the post at the top at the moment.

http://3cxblog.worksighted.com/

Best,

Mike

I totally agree. It was more of a explanation of how it functions so that people have a better explanation of how it works so that they understand the relationship between the phone and the pbx for this feature. As well, I like to get under the hood and start breaking things;)

Mike

Oh, and no problem on referencing the materials. Glad to help.

Best,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.