• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustura

Reaction score
3CX feature list and 3CX manual say that Call Parking is a feature of the new version, but I cannot find any information on how to use it. Is there another user manual besides the one available on the Support page? That one doesn't have any info on how to use this feature.

Bump...

Archie, Costas, Nick, anyone. How does this work?

Call Park
If you wish to “park” a call and then pick up the call from another extension: Transfer the call to:
*00-9 – to park the call
*10-9 – to pick up a parked call.
For example, type *00 to park the call in ‘parking lot’ 0, and then *10 to pick up the call from parking lot zero.
Parking lots support parking of multiple calls. Therefore, when un-parking, you can add the extension number from which the call was parked to be sure that you un-park the particular call you had parked there.
Note: Call Pickup and Call Park are only available in commercial editions of 3CX Phone System

Rob,
Is there anything else that needs to be set up for this to work? I cannot get it to work, I have enterprise edition. Do you have to put the caller on hold first? If I just dial *00 it dials the digits into callers ear and nothing happens.
Thanks,
Tom

Call Park / Pickup

We are also having trouble getting this feature to work (read unsuccessful) with three separate installations. Tom - according to the docs you must hit the Transfer button first. If you just dial *00 (without hitting transfer first), the caller will just hear the DTMF tones and nothing will happen. However - when we do hit transfer first, we immediately get a busy signal and this entry appears in the log: :[CM503014]: Call(53): Attempt to reach [sip:*@172.16.0.209] failed. Reason: Not Found

I do not know if specific phones need to be used, or if there are any other requirements.

Others having success ?

Thanks;
Mike D.

kustura said:
Rob,
Is there anything else that needs to be set up for this to work? I cannot get it to work, I have enterprise edition. Do you have to put the caller on hold first? If I just dial *00 it dials the digits into callers ear and nothing happens.
Thanks,
Tom

More details can be found in SIP VOIP SOFTPHONE manual at following link http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXVoipClient50/index29.html

Call Park / Pick Up

A little more on this ...

We've determined that results vary based on the phone being used. Grandstream, SNOM, seemed to be working fine - Polycom, Linksys we are still experimenting with.

Also - the procedure to park/unpark with the 3CX VoIP Client is different than when using a phone - so we suggest that the call park/pickup procedures be added to the 3CX manual in addition to the 3CX VoIP client manual.

Mike D.

bhavank said:
More details can be found in SIP VOIP SOFTPHONE manual at following link http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXVoipClient50/index29.html

I can park the call ok but from there it seems to get lost. I have Linksys and Polycom phones.

Here's the call log:
09:42:25.656 Call::Terminate :[CM503008]: Call(8): Call is terminated
09:42:25.640 Call::RouteFailed :[CM503014]: Call(8): Attempt to reach [sip:*[email protected]] failed. Reason: Not Found
09:42:25.640 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq :[CM503013]: Call(8): No known route to target: [sip:*[email protected]]
09:42:25.562 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall :[CM503001]: Call(8): Incoming call from Ext.101 to [sip:*[email protected]]
09:42:09.234 Call::Terminate :[CM503008]: Call(7): Call is terminated
09:42:09.234 Call::Terminate :[CM503008]: Call(7): Call is terminated
09:42:07.421 CallLeg::TargetConnected :[CM101008]: Direct calls to parking orbit are NOT possible! Please unpark the call using the appropriate dial codes.
09:42:06.656 CallCtrl::eek:nLegConnected :[CM503007]: Call(7): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060
09:42:06.515 CallCtrl::eek:nLegConnected :[CM503007]: Call(7): Device joined: sip:*[email protected]:5060
09:42:06.515 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq :[CM503004]: Call(7): Calling: Park:*10@[Dev]
09:42:06.484 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall :[CM503001]: Call(7): Incoming call from Ext.100 to [sip:*[email protected]]
09:41:58.875 CallCtrl::eek:nLegConnected :[CM503007]: Call(6): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060
09:41:55.375 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq :[CM503004]: Call(6): Calling: Ext:100@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060]

I see it parked but I cannot unpark it.

Call Parking Feature Problem

I too am having the same results as Rob. I am able to get the call parked but I am unable to get it back. I am using Linksys SPA962 and SPA942 phones on my system.

Thanks,
Paul

I just tried it again with the latest build and had the same problem.

I'll check with some other resources and let you know what the outcome is.

LinkSys SPA922 Procedure

Just installed V5 and trying this feature out.

For LinkSys SPA922 phones "Park" & "UnPark" work as follows

To Park:-
BXFER (i.e. Blind Transfer) *00 ... *09 (as desired)

To UnPark
*10 ... *19 (as previously designated)

Hope this helps,

Stephen

Re: LinkSys SPA922 Procedure

Are you getting park and unpark to work on the 922 phones?

GlobalNemesis said:
Just installed V5 and trying this feature out.

For LinkSys SPA922 phones "Park" & "UnPark" work as follows

To Park:-
BXFER (i.e. Blind Transfer) *00 ... *09 (as desired)

To UnPark
*10 ... *19 (as previously designated)

Hope this helps,

Stephen

I just tested a brand new GXP-2000 phone:
Results:
1) Call parking and unparking works on the GXP-2000.
2) If I park a call from either the Linksys SPA-942 or the Polycom IP550/430 I cannot unpark it from any phone.
3) If I call the GXP-2000 from any phone I can park and unpark only from the GXP-2000.
4) Parking the call on either the Linksys or the Polycom and then trying to unpark it on the Grandstream gives me a 404 Not Found message on the screen.

So to reiterate again - call parking and unparking only seems to work on the GXP-2000. I'm using Software Version: Program-- 1.1.5.15 Bootloader-- 1.1.5.6

Hopefully this will be fixed soon for the rest of the phones out there.

LinkSys SPA922 Works as described

To confirm, the procedure described for the SPA922 works ok :D

Stephen

What firmware are you using on that phone? I'm using the latest one available - 5.2.2a.

Parking seems to work but I cannot unpark the phone. I get the 404 errors.

off topic... im liking the new look of the site!...

eitherway i can confirm that the parking feature works on the linksys SPA962 phones by
TO PARK:
BlindXfer > *00

TO UNPARK
(dial) *10

next question is can you get the buttons on the linksys phones (to the right of the screen) to be quick park/unpark buttons... including the park stats?
eg red - parked or green park avaiable

I can park calls with Linksys 922 and SNOM 360 phones, HOWEVER, cannot UN-park from Snom if parked with Linksys and vice versa??? I am starting to think that 3CX v.5 is to blame for this and many other 'unexplained' problems I'm having. There are just way too many rough edges, bugs, problems, whatever you wanna call them for a release version.

Re: Call Parking current HW

RobLloyd said:
What firmware are you using on that phone? I'm using the latest one available - 5.2.2a.

Parking seems to work but I cannot unpark the phone. I get the 404 errors.

I am using SPA922's with Firmware V5.1.10 and can park on 1 phone and pick up on another.

3CX Phone System Version5.0.3752.0

cannot get this to work with my polycom 501 and patton 4100 series . any help out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.