Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Parking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abelaguilar, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abelaguilar

Hello all:

I need to be able to park our calls. I'im using polycom 501 phones with patton 4114 gatweays and 3 pstn lines.

I tried *00 and *10 function and does not work. Please help.

Thanks

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

transfer a call to *0n ('n' is a parking place. it is '0'-'9') is a "parking".
    make call to *1n[*EXTNUMBER] to get it from there ("n" parking place from *0 call. EXTNUMBER(optional) - extension from where call was transferred)

Does it work?

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abelaguilar

Thanks i'll give this a try

Why the heck does this have to be so dam complicated!!

4. abelaguilar

No does not work.

I transfered then pressed *00

then went to other phone and dial *10 and nothing happened.

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

From lots of testing and emails with 3CX support you have to do a blind transfer to *00 to park the call. Not a regular transfer. That being said I can park from Linksys and Grandstream but not with my Polycom IP430 or 550 phones. It may be a phone config issue or they can't dial * codes with a transfer.
    if I get it working I will let you know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is exactly the case for Polycom. You better re-define dial codes for Park/Unpark to be without '*' to work with polycom.
    For example:
    [DialCodes]
    Park = 78
    Unpark = 79

Than, to park make an unattended transfer to 78N (N = 0..9, orbit number), Unpark - call to 79N or to 79N<Ext> where <Ext> is extension's number from which the call has been parked.

7. abelaguilar

Can dial codes be entered from the polycom web interface?

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can try, I suppose :) Never tried myself. Personally, I don't like polycom so I do not have any around. There're some in test lab though.

9. abelaguilar

I don't like polycoms either, but I have 6 laying around and they cost about 160.00 each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.