Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Pick Up Groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I have noticed that there is no ability through the 3CX to configure Call Pick Up groups. This is a 'key' requirement for our phone system, since often a call may be ringing an extension on the hunt group but another member of the team needs to be able to pick up that call. Reading through other posts it's explained that since the handsets provide BLF that these should be used. But I do not believe this should be the responsibility of the phone you're using.

Can ring groups be setup on the 3CX and if not, is this a feature request that can be quickly implemented. The Nortel BCM 50 implements call groups by number, so say I can put all the Sales extensions into Ring Group 1, and all Support extensions into Ring Group 2, and there'll be a dedicated call pickup feature key and dependent on which extension is signed in and which phone is ringing they can pick up other calls on extensions in the same Ring Group.

This 'could' be a show stopper for me. Please advise!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Using V7.0.4744, it is possible to pick up calls delivered to a ring group. So for example. if you have:
    Extensions 100,101,102,200,201,202
    Ring Group 800 with members 200,201,202

Extension 100 calls 800

With the call ringing on the 3 member extensions, Ext 101 can dial *20*800 - and this should retrieve the call and connect ext 100 and 101

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Kevin, thanks for letting me know this is achieveable. I will test.

Lewis

4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Kevin,

I have a test Ring Group extension 8000 that works in a hunt method. It comprises of 3 extensions, 3967, 3968 and 3969. I made a call from 3967 to 3969, and let the phone ring. On phone 3968 I dialled *20*3969 however I received 'busy' on the phone.

So unfortunately that test was unsuccessful and didn't behave as I had expected from your previous post.

My requirement is that should a phone be ringing and that person is not at their phone, one of the other members should be able to press a call pick up key so that the ringing phone can be picked up from the other extension. On the Nortel BCM 50, each extension could belong to a call pick up group and this was any arbitrary number. What was key was that all phones had the same number as their call pick up group. So for example I put the sales extension in group 1, and support in group 2 for example. And if any calls are ringing into the support hunt group, we have a feature-key that will pick up that call. The code you have advised above picks up a certain extension, or at least is supposed to. Is there any way I can replicate similar functionality as described with the Nortel PBX with 3CX ?

Similarly I did try *20* from reading other posts and still the same result, BUSY - unless this only works for incoming calls from external ?

Is there anything I am missing ?

Thanks, Lewis

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Lewis,

Could you please specify your requirements? Just provide the verbal description.
    "Ring group" business object works as described in our documentation. (there are some deviations but they are not related to the problem)

If you need to have different(extended) functionality of "Ring group" then please publish feature request in corresponding forum.

Thanks

6. kevin

kevin Member

Hi Lewis

What license is implemented on your test system? Since Dial Codes are not available in the Free Edition, we need to be sure that this is not the problem...

Regards

Kevin

7. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Kevin, you are right I am currently still on the free license since I need to test more than 2 concurrent calls. I will be applying the demo licence shortly and will then test the call pick up feature via the dial code. Thanks for the follow up.

Lewis

8. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Finally applied the demo license and call pick up via *20* works a treat.

Thanks, Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.